The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Not sure what to do.
I’m allergic to all meds for lupus rheumatoid fibromyalgia and other Illnesses so all I take is pain killers.
docyors say I should have the COVID jab but I’m to afraid coz of the way I act to mess. I know meds will save my life if needed but once this jab is in you you can’t take it out.
don’t know what to do. Anyone else on here the same 😞
Keep safe all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
Not sure what to do.
I’m allergic to all meds for lupus rheumatoid fibromyalgia and other Illnesses so all I take is pain killers.
docyors say I should have the COVID jab but I’m to afraid coz of the way I act to mess. I know meds will save my life if needed but once this jab is in you you can’t take it out.
don’t know what to do. Anyone else on here the same 😞
Keep safe all
My rheumatologist feels I should not get the vaccine bc they did not do trials on people with autoimmune diseases!

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Elliemarie,

Initially people with autoimmune diseases were not included in the trials. Since then different studies including Lupus patients have been done. They are relatively new and more studies are in the works. Not to sway you one way or the other but for information only I am including a link by the Lupus Research Alliance:

Several different factors need to be looked at for each individual. Different medications, if you are flaring, the type of symptoms you have and how serious your disease is are just a few a doctor needs to factor in. Being new many doctors are waiting to see larger study data. Others are considering in how their patient would possibly fare if they did contract Covid 19, especially one with a more virulent variant. There is no clear cut answer which is why it is important to work with your doctor.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
94 Posts
I have C.N.S. Lupus, Fibro, Sjogren's and Raynaud's. I felt uneasy about getting my vaccines, but ultimately listened to my Rheumy. I got all three vaccines. I still feel a bit uneasy about having had them, but in the end had to make a choice. I can't imagine a lot of worse deaths than not being able to breath, so I determined to be vaccinated. I felt lousy only after the third vaccine, which made my arm swell and stay hard at the injection shot for near a week. I got past it. I do not notice more bad days than usual now at two months out since last injection. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Elliemarie,

Initially people with autoimmune diseases were not included in the trials. Since then different studies including Lupus patients have been done. They are relatively new and more studies are in the works. Not to sway you one way or the other but for information only I am including a link by the Lupus Research Alliance:

Several different factors need to be looked at for each individual. Different medications, if you are flaring, the type of symptoms you have and how serious your disease is are just a few a doctor needs to factor in. Being new many doctors are waiting to see larger study data. Others are considering in how their patient would possibly fare if they did contract Covid 19, especially one with a more virulent variant. There is no clear cut answer which is why it is important to work with your doctor.

Take care,
Lazylegs
Thanku so much for that it was an interesting read. Will think very hard about it
Keep safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts