TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He peeps...
Well the cortisone injection made no difference to my shoulder pain & I am still confused with what seems to be new symptoms daily...
For the last few days I have been having real bad leg & foot cramps, which are extremely painful... Does anyone else have these & does anyone know what to do to prevent them?
Big Hugs
Troski x:(

·
Registered
432 Posts
heya, sorry to hear you are having such problems...ive been having cramps in my calves more and more frequently but i dont know how to stop them im afraid...ive heard its something to do with salt but im not sure!!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Increasing potassium intake can help, as can increasing calcium intake. Usually there is no shortage of salt/sodium in our diets! My worst leg cramps happened when I was pregnant and then nothing really helped except giving birth...

Some medications can cause this too. You may want to run this by your doctor if home measures don't help such as eating more bananas, yogurt (has both calcium and potassium), orange juice, etc.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Until I started taking bio magnesium tablets once a day, I got cramp 3 times a day in both feet (it was agonising)!!

I have been on bio magnesium for 2 weeks now and have had 1 foot cramp since.

I recommend it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I also have cramps in my calves, feet and especially my toes, also my hands and other joints occasionally. I was going to bring it up to my doc when I see her next. Karly I just suffer through them.....but I might try some of the suggestions, I take calcium, iron, and a multivitamin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mooks...
I definitely have enough salt... I cook with salt & then usually add salt afterwards to my plate... Cramps are YUK & usually happen in the middle of the night too :(
Let me know if you find a cure!
Troski x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Maja...
I already eat lots of yoghurt but will take your advice & try more bananas... Thanks for tip!

Troski x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Princess Di...
Thanks for the tip... Willl definitely try the magnesium!
I will be thrilled if it works
Troski x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts