The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm having a hard time right now. My mom was just dx with Alzheimer's last week. We as family have known it was there but finally she had a doctors appointment and for once she called me and my sister crying to let us know what he said. Its been some crazy days. I have felt fine untill now my neck is hurting and I keep wiging out I don't know what you call it (start Yelling) I would like to blame the Prednisone. Mom lives alone in our home town about 21/2 hrs. away. Her hubby passed away over a year ago, she knows everyone in town very loved. Her Brother lives there too. Tuesday Me and My sister drove down there together to be with her. We set her pill up so she could remember how to take them and took her to lunch CRYED. The nexted morning I called to see how she was doing. It was bad she had tryed to go to church and it wasn't sunday, I told her that I was comeing.
Shes here with me and I'm having a hard time.
I need to post this she just came in and I need to talk with her. I want to talk more but maybe later.
Love Susie

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am so sorry for your mom's diagnoses, it is a hard one to handle, for her and for your family. Please take care of yourself during this time, and check out resources in your home town to see if there are any home health care workers who might be able to help your mother stay at home as long as possible while at the same time being safe. Also there are some medications that can aid in slowing the progression of the disease, or at least make things a little easier. You and your family will be in my thoughts and I will hope for people to come into your life who can make things easier for you all at this difficult time. Please don't feel uneasy about leaning on those around you for help, ideas, and maybe just a hug. For you and your mom,:grhug: :there: :love2: Take care, Karly

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((susie))))))

I'm sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis..It must still be quite a shock even though you did suspect something was wrong.

as karly said you both need to find out as much as possible regarding help/support etc with your mums condition..
I'm glad you all have each other & your mum seems to have a wide network of friends etc which will be helpful.

remember we are here to listen & offer emotional support susie
take good care
sending you all comforting,healing hugs :grhug:
karen x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you so much Karly and Karen. I'm so darn emotional I try to stay calm and I just can't do it. I need to for the kids right now. My sister is coming over at noon to take mom, and then tonight us girls and husbands will get together. I have 3 sisters that live in this area.
Thank-you agian

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your moms devastating diagnosis:( . I hope some of the newer medicines will help her. When my grandpa got pretty bad, not safe to be alone, my aunts enrolled him in an adult daycare, so that he would be well looked after and not alone while they worked. He didn't like the idea at first, but then he made a couple of friends and actually preferred it to being alone/confused/afraid. I don't know if there are any programs like that in your area, but maybe the local senior citizens center could help you find out about that and maybe some other helpful things too.
We are all here for you (((((((Susie)))))). Lots of love and prayers your way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts