The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my rheumy today. He took blood from me back in Nov..... He said my tests were satisfactory apart from the CRP which had risen from 16 to 24.
I am afraid I didn't like to ask him what that meant.
I would like to know if a raised CRP is anything. I have been dx'd with SLE for a number of years now.
hugs Wendy...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't say for 100% sure, but I believe the CRP (if you mean C Reactive Protein) measures inflammation.

Try this site for more info: Oops. I guess I can't post a link yet. Hmm.....

I tried a different way as well, but it still won't let me. MAybe try using a search engine and searching for c reactive protein test. Sorry I couldn't help more, but I guess I haven't made 15 posts yet.:blush:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Wendy :)

C Reactive protein is a measure of inflammation from any cause, a variety of chronic conditions & including infection. Its significance depends on symptoms and the results of other tests.
I would ask my GP what it might mean - presumably the rheumy will be sending a report to him with blood tests. There is resumably some explanation since that is fairly high and increased. If it has always been high then it might suggest that lupus medication isn't working enough or that something else is causing it, which should be investigated

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/crp/glance.html

All the best

Clare

·
Hazel595
713 Posts
Hi Wendy

A raised CRP can mean a few different things including inflammation your CRP is quite high at the moment.......this link might help you to understand it better.......don't be afraid to ask your Rheumy questions next time you see him/her.

click here to read 'What is CRP'?

xxx Hazel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts