The Lupus Forum banner

CRP Levels - Blood Test

494 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Maia 
#1 ·
Hi All

Still not diagnosed as ANA is coming back normal, however my doctor noticed that my CRP levels are high indicating my immune system is fighting something and they cannot tell what, as from the other bloods there was nothing to fight, he said that an explanation would be Lupus. Not to be confused with CPK levels, they also have been raised in most tests but this test was not CPK it was CRP.

I have selective Iga as well so am more at risk to auto immune diseases. He said that this raised test might be enough to start me on Plaqunil (hope I spelt it right). Here in Norway they cannot diagnose without raised ANA, even though both my Rhumy and Dr think I have Lupus as they have seen all of the symptoms over the past 2 yrs.

What are your thoughts, what does a raised CRP level really mean as I am still a little unclear?

Many Thanks

Karen

#2 ·
A raised CRP indicates inflammation going on in your body - it can be caused by many things (infection, tissue injury, lupus & other autoimmune disorders).

Have they considered diagnosing you with UCTD = Undifferentiated Connective tissue disorder? In order to obtain treatment?

Good luck with everything...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.