The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does a high level of crp tell a doc about lupus? I tried to look it up, but didn't find anything really or not the answer I was looking for. Just said it's a sign of a flare. Any more info on it? Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
a friend of mine is a dr and he has always said to me that it is a measure of how CR&P you are feeling, lol

sorry this probably doesnt help much but thought i would share his dr knowledge with you. he he he

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok that helps! So it's pretty general thing then. thank you for the information! Also, mishmash, you got a good laugh out of me, thanks!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Erin :)

It's pretty non specific but yes can be a sign of inflammation or infection. Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis? It's indicative for a flare in that, actually with Lupus the CRP is often normal.

Love
Lily

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
My CRP is typically always normal even when I do feel like CR$P!!!:lol:

My spinal fluid can be very high in protein, indicative of inflammation yet my CRP is normal.............go figure???:eek:

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya... yep my CRP is generally ok.. apart from when I got hospitalised!! But I don't always feel ok, when bloods are all 'normal'..... it is an inflammatory marker.... but not a marker to how you are feeling necessarily....:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.