The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has booked a cruise - a 7 day cruise to easter carribean for middle of May!

Our 10 year anniversary was in Sept. and with all that was going on, he canceled a get away and has been postponing it. He rebooked it and along with two other couples.

Honestly, I am not sure how I can leave with things with my son being unstable right now, but everyone is saying you need to continue on with your life, live your life, and do something for yourself. It is hard for me as that is the type of person I am - a worry wart.

I worry about my son, my health and what if this and what if that ! But I am being assured that if something happens we will cancel and have insurance and if we need to fly out we can.

So anyway, it is something that I can get excited about because I really need to get away and will be visiting Half Moon Caye, Grand Turk, San Juan,PR, St. Thomas.

I will post in the other section about umbrella and hats !

Just thought I'd share this with you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good for you. It sounds that you need to get away and a cruise is a wonderful way to do that. I went on a cruise for the first time about 3 or 4 years ago and I was not to sure about it in the beginning but towards the end of the cruise I did not want to go home. The water is so beutiful you can actually see almost to the bottom of the ocean. I found the cruise to be very relaxing. I had nothing to really do except pamper myself. When I was on the cruise was the first time that I ever had a massage and let me tell you something it was just pure heaven I don't know any other way to descibe it. I am actually saving money now because I made a promise to myself that in 2009 I am going back on another cruise thats how much I enjoyed it. Which cruiseline are you guys using? I went with Norwegian and to be honest I would probably use them again when I go next year they were just great. There is always something to do whether it be to see a show, eat, swim, or gamble, and just lounge around on the deck and watch the water which will mesmerize you well at least it did me. Well now that you have me rambling on about my experience on a cruise I hope you have a very good time and look forward to hearing about it after you get back. Take care. :wink2: Laurie

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Hi Paula,

Go and enjoy. Let the ship's atmosphere, activities, food and pampering service transport you to another state of mind.

If I lived closer I might have chosen that same itinerary. Instead I leave next Sunday for a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Armed with extra Prednisone and my doctor's number I plan to squeak out as much fun as my body will allow.

Please be careful with the sun. I am sure you are already loaded up with a hat and plenty of sunscreen. On Norwegian they provide a section of the sun deck that is covered, hopefully yours does too. You still have to be careful with the glare from the surrounding windows and water though.

Let us know how your trip was when you get back.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Congratulations! Do let your worries aside for a while if you can. Enjoy planning and then going. This sounds like a wonderful trip, and what a grand husba nd you have, planning a trip for the two of you.

Definitely we'll have to see photos!

Sunn

·
Registered
71 Posts
:)

JUST GO AND DO NOT THINK YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME SUE

I WANTED THIS TI BE BIGGER WELL YOU GET THEPOINT HAVE A GREAT TIME SUE:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Paula,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been on a cruise before during a lupus flare. Are you sun-sensitive? I am and made out just fine by using serious sun screen, umbrella, hats and used the shade. Hopefully, you'll be fine. After reading your other post about hospital, it sounds like you need the vacation! :idea:

Take care of yourself and enjoy the time away with your friends! :swim:

Love, Pollyanna :love2:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Paula,

Based on your recent posts, you need this trip!! Put yourself first for a change....You will have a wonderful time!!

I honeymooned in Antigua without any real problems...just a few skin flareups...cover up your bod with everything u got :hehe: They have clothing with sunscreen too!

Sharon

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you are all funny :lol:

I wish I could take you all with me.

It is Carnival leaving out Miami Florida and need to fly to get there and oh boy......one of my fears to confront.........just like my feet on the ground.

Crossing my fingers that some of my health issues are straightened out by then.

Really when I am getting down - and it is quite frequently that happens- I think of the clean air, the relaxation, the sound of the ocean and it is something that keeps me busy with my mind.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How wonderful...just for once, just for seven days, put yourself first.
i hope you have a wonderful time build some fantastic memories and relax!
much love

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Paula,

I know I need to lose a little weight but if I try really hard can you fit me in your luggage. I'll be no trouble at all. :lol:

Seriously though, you need this trip! From your posts it sounds like you have given everything to your family over a long period of time. I know you worry greatly about your son and what you've gone through has been very traumatic but is a week away so bad. Could you really do any more than you've not already that would turn things around.

Go and enjoy! If it was me I'd be packing right now.

'Nuff said.....:hehe:

Lots'a'luv, :foryou:

Pam xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts