TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cucumbers are what New Yorkers call 'English' cucumbers but maybe any sort of cucumber will do. Maybe it would also work with courgettes/zucchini grated or sliced very thinly or pared along the length. I like to get the surplus water out of cucumbers although it can be quite a performance removing the seeds and maybe the skin although I like it, sprinkling the sliced or grated cuc with a little salt and leaving them to drain then rinsing off the salt then patting off the excess water.
This is a salad with the dressing made of plain yoghourt. Greek style yoghourt is the tastiest but I just use my low fat sort. It is seasoned with chopped fresh mint or cilantro/ coriander, a drop or two of vinegar or lemon juice or a teaspoon of bottled mint sauce, plus a spoonful of oil- I use olive- a pinch of salt to taste Chopped scallions/spring onion or fine chopped red onion can be added. Sometimes I add very fine sliced red peppers and fine sliced tomatoes, preferably deseeded and skinned

This is an Indian dish very refreshing by itself or part of a summer meal and a tasty accompaniment to a curry

:)

Clare

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Sounds good Clare!

I would also add some fresly chopped red chill for that extra zing!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Clare,

Thank you, for this delicious sounding recipe. I can't wait to give it a try. :)

It should be especially good with home grown cucumbers and tomatoes.

You sound like you are such a creative and, good cook Clare.

Love ya,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks Clare.

I make this alot but also add garlic. It's great as a dip in the summer with toasted pitta bread......everytime I make it we scoff the lot! :lol:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
My day was horrific so I came home, opened up a bottle of wine and put together this recipe.

IT IS AWESOME!!!

Thanks Clare.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts