The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what "good" foods would someone recommend as my dietery habits must now be regulated & healthy. the problem i find is preparing semi-quick meals that are healthy & can be made in large doses for reasons i would rather not disclose (one of these reasons is as young as 2) I also cannot cook (and no, that's not as in 'cute-can't-cook-but-really-can-make-at-least-something-ediable') i canNOT cook, so anything easy & healthy would be appreciated. Kia Kaha.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Kia:

We have many members who have posted easy yummy recipies...

Here's a link to them

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/f...&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=365

I love to cook, however don't always feel well enought to do much - take out is much to exensive. I have found that there are really good recipies on foodnetwork.com.

Sandra Lee - Semi homemade has many easy recipies using pre-packaged products and enhancing them.

Don't know if these will help, but I am sure others will be along with some hints soon.

Stephanie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Well, I CAN cook but literally about three things... Actually I cook those three things really well but don't have much interest in food most of the time - just too ill and tired and can't stand on my poor feet to cook...

The only thing I like cooking is bread, soda bread (no kneading and quick, very quick).

Anyway, I'm not much help to you as I married a chef :rotfl: that solved it for me.

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
This time of year it is all about salads. You can make a salad with just about any fruit or vegetable. Throw in some grilled chicken, nuts or sunflower seeds to make it more interesting. Cold pasta salads are very tasty also. There are some very good salad recipes to be found online.

My husband hates to eat fruit. I have gotten around that by making smoothies. Combining a couple of different fruits with milk or yogurt and crushed ice is quick and easy. I haven't gotten into the veggie smoothies yet, but a couple of our members have mentioned them in the past.

I am drawing a blank on main dishes that are easy to make.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Kia,
I have found that making large amounts of something is often a good thing to do. Cassaroles are the best. You can take a can of soup (mushroom, cerely, etc), a bag of noodles, some meat (chicken, beef, or pork), and a one or more veggies (peas, green beans, or corn) and some cheese and make a wonderful dinner for the next couple of days. I did read you can't cook but Most of this is pretty easy and will go a long way. Some of these are even good cold.

I do hope that this helps you and I can send you some easy recipes anytime you like just leave me a message and I will send you something good to make in no time at all.

I hope that you are feeling better knowing we will not let you strave today or any other day. Feel good and eat healthier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.