The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have been diagnosed with lupus nephritis for 500+ days. The doctor tells me that I am currently under remission although I am not entirely sure about the definition of remission. My protein urea readings are now normal, and I am currently on cellcept. I go back for a checkup every three months. The doctor said he may be able to take me off cellcept after two full years.

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. Remission is when the disease is no longer active. It would seem that for now your disease is indeed no longer active and the goal is to keep it that way. I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. :) Every time I get worried before the doctor's appointment because I'm afraid that I might see my kidney get hurt again. When I was first told by the doctor that I have Stage IV Nephritis it took me almost a week to accept it.

I do still feel tired every now and then even though my readings seem to be normal. Does it mean my lupus is still in action?

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Feeling tired is bound to happen, your body has been through a lot. Lupus leaves its mark on your body even if it is in remission. So it doesn't mean that the lupus is active, just that your body is still recovering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts