The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
570 Posts
This is my curry recipe - it's a Butter Chicken Makhani and pretty easy to make. I'm not great at following things exactly every time and tend to add as the cooking goes on but here goes.

4 chicken breasts
8oz (225g) butter
1 tblspn of extra virgin oil
1 tblspn cinnamon
6 Cardamom pods
2 teaspns garlic paste or cloves
1 tblspn of ginger
1 tblspn ground coriander
1 tblspn ground cumin
1 tblspn of garam masala
1 tblspn of tomato puree
2 tins of tomatoes
Green chillies - I use 2 but it's up to you
1 onion
1 green pepper
2- 3 tblspns creme fraiche - I use this as it's healthier than cream and can calm the curry down if you've overspiced.
2 tblspns fresh coriander leaves

Heat a large pan with the oil and butter together. Add the cardamon pods - either split open the top of each slightly or completely remove the outer shell, it's personal preference. Add the rest of the spices and stir till they combine with the oil and butter to make a paste. Add the onions and gently fry until soft. Slice or cube the chicken and add. Fry until lightly brown. Add the tinned tomatoes, raise the heat until it's bubbling, lower and cover. To avoid sticking to the pan I add a little lemon juice. I will simmer gently for around an hour then chop and add the green pepper and creme fraiche. After another half hour I chop and add the fresh coriander before serving with rice or toasted pitta bread. If the curry doesn't have the desired thickness turn up the heat and stir for 10 minutes or until you're happy with it.

Hope that doesn't sound too complicated, now that I make it all the time it seems quite simple.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

· Registered
570 Posts
Afraid I don't Alwin, I'm like you and not good with that kind of thing.

Would love to try a different curry recipe though as that's the only one I can make :hehe:

· Registered
570 Posts
That is hysterical! :rotfl:

I had to go back to my post and then I got it - Marie Curie - Mary Curry. :joke:

I don't know what you look like Alwin but I have this image in my head of a crazy woman cooking dinner and serving it to a terrified family LOL! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.