TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Cutaneous vasculitis is a very general term covering a wide variety of sorts and causes. Some sorts might be itchy in some people sometimes, other sorts would be itchy always as far as I can make out (which might not be very far at all). For example if it's associated with an infectious disease. Sometimes a plain old bruise from a knock might be itchy as it heals.

Sometimes some sorts might burn more than itch.

One sort called livedo reticularis doesn't seem to ever itch from what I have read and heard
I don't think that generally speaking whether it itches or not is especially important and do we as patients need to know? We need to report how skin problems feel that's for sure. That is information the doctor needs.

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2930.htm

All the best
Clare

·
Registered
705 Posts
Can only tell you that in my experience, it didn't itch. Was hospitalized for 7 days for vasculitis once and had it multiple time. But like Clare said, it differs with each individual.

Hope this helps you, Pollyanna :love2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My vasculitis (lower legs), and livedo reticularis (anterior thighs) both itch like mad before they appear, sometimes to the point that I feel like I'll go crazy if it doesn't stop....which is usually when it does!

I find that antihistimines such as fenofaxidine ease the itchiness, so if I know I'm starting to flare (for me that usually means vasculitis and fatigue) I add an antihistimine to my morning meds.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts