TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've begun my cyclo treatments in April and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a diet plan. I've experienced a lot of nausea and it's to the point where at times, I have absolutely no desire to eat at all. Any advice?

~Liz

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,

First of all a ((((((((Elizabeth)))))))))))) for what you are going through :hug:

I haven't had cyclo myself but know that with it most people here are given an IV infusion of anti-nausea meds at the time and oral ones to go home with. Are they doing this for you? If so and you are still experiencing nausea then I would give the doc who is organising this for you a call. You may need to have an increased dose.

As far as the diet goes for Lupus Nephritis they may get you to limit your protein, salt and potassium intakes, but apart from that I'm not aware of any special dietary considerations. If the nausea is a problem then it may be that you could eat smaller amounts and more often so that it's tolerable?

I wish you well with your treatment and if I've missed anything or unaware of anything I hope someone comes along who has had first-hand experience with cyclo and kidney disease.

Take care and stay strong :hugbetter:

love
Lily

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I was on cyclo, anti-nausea meds weren't at all effective, so all I could do was sleep it off. A couple of days later, I was back to normal. During the time I felt sick, I made sure I was properly hydrated, but I didn't really force myself to eat too much. It just gives you an excuse to make up for it afterwards. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts