TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

What should I expect from cytoxan treatment? What are some tips for nausea?

Candi

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi there candi :)

I'm sorry you have to have the Cyclo, ((((((((((Candi))))))))

I can't comment on it generally as I haven't had it. However as far as the nausea goes they usually give you a drug to offset the nausea as far as I know.

I hope it helps you and knocks your Lupus into remission! :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Candi,

I've been through Chemo w/Cytoxan a couple of times (to treat Nephritis). First time got 10 treatments, second time 4. Worked wonders for me both times, here's hopeing you have the same luck!
I got some nausia meds by IV before the Cytoxan was infused and I got a perscription for home. Sorry but I can't remember what the drug was. I started out on a low dose for chemo the first time and it was raised each time till I reached my limit (think it was around 1700mg Cytoxan). First times didn't get sick at all, just drained and very tired. Once we got up to 2000 I got pretty sick, so we dropped down a bit. Meds. did seem to help and I'd recommend taking them when you get home, don't wait till you start to get sick, as I did once, they didn't seem to help much when I had already started to throw up. Next time I took them as soon as I got home and they seemed to help more, or at least I didn't end up spending the day hugging the toilet that time. Other than the one time I never had a big problem with the nausia.
Drink lots of fluids when you get home and pee often (don't let it sit in your bladder). You want to flush this stuff out as fast as possible, there is a risk of it causing bladder cancer, so you don't want it sitting in there. My Doc. made me stay in the hospital till midnight recieving fluids just to flush the junk out and when I went home I had strict oders that if I started to throw up and couldn't hold down fluids, go back to the hospital to be hooked back up to IV. Be aware your immune system could crash a week or two after treatment. I caught a cold during this time once and ended up in the hospital, very sick, for a week.
Good luck with it. I truely believe it saved my life. The first time I had it my condition was horrible before I started and it totally turned things around.

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts