TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you have had the marina coil? and how you got on with it. I had it fitted due to heavy/long periods. I had a d&C and marina coil fitted on 20th april. I also need to ask if any of you have had a d&C ? After this operation I been bleeding quite heavy for nearly two weeks, just wonder if it is normal after a D&C to bleed so long.?
I also had a lump removed from cervix at same time. If the bleeding continues by end of this week, I will see my G.P
Sheila x

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Sheila,

I've had plenty of D & C's and whilst it's normal to have a bit of spotting it's not normal to have heavy bleeding afterwards for a couple of weeks. It's something you should get checked out :) Maybe it's something to do with the coil insertion, only one way to find out.

If you do a search using the terms Mirena Coil you should pull up lots of posts, quite a few here have had it fitted and it's been great for heavy periods. Hope you have success with it.

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lily. I also realised TODAY (silly me) that my period was also due 5 days after having my operation, so maybe I am having my period as well, so that could be one of the reasons I am bleeding so heavy, But I tryed to ring for appointment today to see G.P just to get things checked out, just to make sure. The nearest appointment they had was 21 MAY :eek: so been told by Doctor's Receptionist to ring at 8.00am tomorrow and see if one of the G.P's can fit me in. I let you know how I get on.

Sheila x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello :)

I have the Mirena IUD and had no bleeding other than a little spotting to begin with which faded away to nothing (including during my period - can't say I miss it). My periods got gradually lighter before disappearing.

It has been an excellent option for me.

I would certainly call your doc if the bleeding doesn't stop at the end of your period.

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
All the best Sheila ! I am not sure what they could do if you are having a period anyway except make sure you get an appointment if it hasn't stopped when it should that you can always cancel if all is well.

I know you get shots for B12 deficiency, maybe check for iron deficiency too.

Good Luck and many hugs boy, did menopause make a wonderful difference to my life.

Clare

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Clare. They given me tablets to help with the bleeding, but have not started them yet, the bleeding is much better today, but they have had to put me on iron tablets, as I had bloods done two weeks ago and even though I have had my B12 injection, I am suffering from iron deficiency. So I been given 3 months supply of iron tablets. Thanks Ladies for all your support.

Sheila xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts