TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you know that I have not disapeared have been checking in on you all but have been unable to write with all the turmoil in my life.

My Dad died on the 20th August after a long illness at the good old age of 83.

My mind has been preoccupied with him all this time, he was in a nursing home for the last 7 months going slowly down hill and fading away. I spent every spare moment with him and am pleased that he wont suffer anymore although I will miss him very much.

I will have more time to post on this web site, as I say I have been checking in and reading but couldnt say much as my mind was taken over by my Dad.

Take care all of you.

Primrose.x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Dear Primrose,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I am glad you were able to spend time with your Dad and I'm sure he will live on in your memory.

hugs,
:grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Marika
349 Posts
I'm so srry to hear about yr dad, I lost both my parents within the last year, so I know how you feel...but as you said you spent every minute you could with him so you helped him along the way so tosay. It's very odd as at the moment I am helping a girl friend whoes mum died last week, and I can see her going thru the various stages of grief that I went thru and still am...it's a strange process that we have to go thru.
I wish you lots of strength,
love marika:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Primrose

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. My thought are with you at this sad time.

Take care :hug:
Claire xx:rose:

·
Inky
249 Posts
Dear Primrose

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It is good you were able to spend so much time with him towards the end.

Sending you some gentle healing thoughts to help you in this sad time.

Love
Sara
x

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Primrose,
I am really sorry for your loss of your dad. :hug:
Its very nice though that you were able to spend time with him . And it is a great achievement that your dad managed 83 yrs!
I am sure you have lots of wonderful memories to help carry you through this difficult time.
I wish you and your family all the best.

Take Care

Cassie :)

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Primrose,

My thoughts will be with you and your family. Remember your father may be gone in body but will be with you at all times in your heart.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Aww Primrose :hug: :hug:

What a very sad time for you. Its just so hard to believe that they were here one minute and gone the next.

I am very glad you got to spend so much time with him before he died. He must have loved you very, very much.

Take care of yourself and someday the pain and loss will be more bearable.

Love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sending you my condolences too. It's a difficult time to get through... take care of yourself as best you can.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) primrose, what a very sad time it is at this moment, you need time to greave hun,i am so sorry for you, i supose you have been reflecting of the years gone by?

it is so das when we loose a parent,we fel like are world as colasped. we are all hear for you when you are ready to post, as i say give your self time primrose, my thoughts are with you at this very sad time

lvu Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:there::kiss::grouphug2:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Dear Primrose

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. Even when they have been ill and no hope of recovery and are spared further suffering, it still has a huge impact.

With much sympathy
Clare

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
hi Primrose

I am really sorry to hear that you have lost your dad - I lost mine a couple of years ago, and although he was very old and ill I still miss him so much. I am guessing you do too.

sending lots of love to you and your family

raglet

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you

Thanks for all your kind words, it is never easy even to loose someone even when they are old and frail. He was like a very vunerable baby in the end which is a shock when you are used to seeing a huge big strong man of over 6ft.

It is important that I have such great memories of him and try and stay focused on them. I can cope with death, I can not cope with seing someones quality of life being wiped out, their fears and pain.

Anyway was back to work yesterday and life goes on around us.

One thing that my Dad did teach me is that work is not important, its the time off from work that counts and enjoy life. We can all get so wrapped up in our work and worry about it. Its important to get some balance in our lives, and get away from all the stress. My dad always refused promotion. It was more important to go fishing or walking or spending time with his family.
Maybe that is why he lived to be 83.

Thank you all.

xxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts