TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lupus Mom
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to update everyone on my daughters MRI, The doctor said that there was only one small lesion :rotfl:and nothing else (thank god no surgery) the CT had us all scared. The General doctor said that maybe she had a small stroke which caused the lesion, but I think from what I have read that lesions are caused by the Lupus flares. She is still taking the Imuran and due to up the dose to 100mg as soon as they get her labs back. She is having a flare now, but has notice that not as bad as they were before the medicine. Her flare starts with a very bad headache and throwing up ( does any one else start this way) :p I hoping that with the increase in the medicine her flare will get less and less. When you flare do you have problems remembering things. She sound like she is drunk . Thanks again for all your replies they help a lot. Best wishes to everyone.....

·
Inky
249 Posts
HI Angie

Thanks for the update. Some good news for your daughter.

I get headaches with some flares and not others.

When I get the headachey ones my memory is at its worst, and I don't always talk sense. I also have difficulty spelling and typing - i think I have typed sense and then look at gobbledygook. :) I think it happens to a lot of people, especially if they have cns involvement.

I don't throw up but i do get really bad nausea which I can just about control. I have tablets from the doc which helps if the nausea is really bad. But then I hate being sick so will do anything and everything to prevent it.

Not sure how much this helps,
Best wishes
Sara

1 - 2 of 2 Posts