The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope you are all well.I went to see the comunity physc nurse today.First time i have meet her she gave me a form to fill in.She folded it over so you can't see the score on how deepressed and stresed you are well.I am at the lowest point that you can get to i know i am haveing problem's but i did not think that i was that bad she said i must be putting a face on for the rest of the world to see by my answer's that i am not coping with life just at the moment she is going to speak to my Doctor to see if they can come up with a plan to get me back to where i should be with medication as well as the rest of the problem's sorry for going on Elisabeth

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hey elisabeth :hug:

I'm sorry to hear that things really are that bad. At least when you know they are and others do, then you can start to do something about it. It's a huge and important step which can be the beginning of a whole new you :)

More hugs and you are not "going on" or bothering anyone. We're all in the same boat and need a helping hand and a shoulder from time to time.

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Lots of hugs ((((Elisabeth))))!

In a way, although you probably dont think it, it was a good appointment!

Al least now you will get the help you deserve and be put on the right track to some peace of mind and more happiness!

Love

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Many hugs Elisabeth :hugbetter: This will be a positive step and I am hoping that soon you will be feeling like you old self. So many of us have so much going on physically that we often don't realise just how diminished our coping mechanisms are. Is it any wonder with all we have to deal with ((((((((Elisabeth))))))))) Medication has meant the difference in me coping and me wanting to disappear off the face of the earth :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,

Glad you have sought help, I was feeling like that and have started Counselling which is helping me greatly. It does take a long time to work through emotions and also to get over the stigma of getting help. I have now decided to say "sod it" to all who say that is weakness, I used to think that myself but when you need help you get it. Please look after yourself and let your emotions out, if they offend anyone its just "tough" you have to think of yourself and your immediate family and no one else.

Sending you gentle hugs and kisses

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I think it was a good appointment and I do hope that it helps you along with your up coming holiday. Easier said then done but during your holiday leave your troubles behind you as best you can and enjoy yourself.....you deserve it.

I hope you get feeling better soon and I am sending warm, gentle hugs to you.:wink2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know what you're going through - I've just started seeing a counsellor and I hadn't realised how down I was. I'm afraid I'm a 'put a brave face on it' type, which is great until I crack, which I did last week. I'm not dealing with anything very well at the moment, it's all I can do to keep going and getting up and going to work every day. I have no life, I go home usually to bed, I don't even have the energy to cook tea. If I want to go out with friends I have to take the day off work just so I have the energy to go out. I could really do with some time out to come to terms with things.

Not much help to you but just wanted you to know you're not alone, I'm sure everyone knows what you're going through. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon.

xxx

·
Registered
279 Posts
((((((((((((((((((((Hi Liz)))))))))))))))))))))

so sorry u feeling so low, at least you have taken the first step and been brave.

thinking of you

big hugs

dixy

·
11,410 Posts
(((Elisabeth)))

I am glad you took the first step in getting help. :hug:
Sending you big hugs and positive vibs your way.:goodvibes:

Love,
Lyn

·
florie
589 Posts
Hi , I am glad you are going in the right direction for seeking help. You are many of milliions and myself who suffer depression. Only now i can't hide mine. I used to be like you and put up a front. It came to a point where i couldn't hide it. Medications are helping me and counseling.
But my weight loss is getting to me. The supermarket bagger who knows me for years told me friday i lost weight. The scale i get on tells me i lost weight.My clothes that are loose tell me the same. I am very sensitive lately I cry about little things. but one day my problems will get better, and i will continue with therapy. My grandchildren make me smile and laugh. Once they go home i am in the dumps. I so much miss the days that my kids were young and i was home with them and involved in their lives. Now there is a certain situation i am in that keeps me from enjoying them as they are older and have kids. But one day it will all change. I have alot to make up for.

You have a beautiful family and i hope you will soon get better to enjoy everything you have. I wish the best for you.
Hugs, florie
:flowery:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Don't feel bad when I took the test I scored pretty low too. I am by nature a cheery person so did not agree with her and the score. She told me the way I cope is to make a joke which is really not dealing with it at ( what does she know). It is my defense and it has always worked for me. She put me on cybalt at first and when I read the side affects would not even try it. I told her that too.

She asked me to give it a month with the new med she gave me and it has for the most part. Now when I am crying I know it is because I am sad and not just my moods fighting over what today will be for me. Give it a try, it might take a few tries but what do you really have to loose if it works than you feel a little better and if it don't you have not lost anything right.

Let us know how it is going and if you need someone to talk to I am here as many others on the site are for you. I hope you get your meds right soon. Good Luck and keep smiling.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
depression

Hi all hope you are all ok thank you for your replies.I can't get out of this depression i am lossing the battle got up this morning and i had a go at hubby for wakening me when he got up with one of the kid's.I had a bad night and not very much sleep.Then i went for a shower and one of the kid's hide at the side of the door so when i oppened it he gave me such a fright so i was shouting at him for that so hubby said to B get you clothes on till we get out of this house so of they went.I washed the toilet floor hovered and done the ironing.By the time they came back son had brought one of the other kid's with him i just want to scream.House is a ****** mess life is the same.Not speaking to hubby just want to shut myself away Sorry for going on guye.s Elisabeth

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
This does not sound like you at all so there is something going on and it does sound like depression. I do hope that are going to put you an anti and if they did already do that it might be that it is not working very well. We all have these days trust me. Remember we are here for you for any reason. Sometimes it helps to talk to someone else that has or is going through the same thing. Hon, it will get better it is just going to take time.

I hope that today gets better for you and that you feel better soon.

·
11,410 Posts
(((Elisabethm)))

You need to give your depression med a chance to work. You just went on them May 27? Could you call your doctor and talk to him/her how you are feeling?

Don't worry about how your house looks. Getting yourself better is what counts.

Could you and hubby go somewhere and have night out to chat and talk about how things are going?
My hubby and I go out on what we call a "date night," Just him and me no one else.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Howdy Elizabethm,
You are not alone. I have an agreement with my physician that I will not even suggest medication for depression until I start planning which of my collection of swords and knives I will use to do myself in. After the last severe anaphylactic episdoe and subsequent flare I had all the symptoms of depression you can name *and* was looking longingly at my beautiful bone handled Randall Model 13 Arkansas toothpick. This has subsided (thank God!) but I still feel like roadkill.
Please remember what I forget: it is not shameful to be depressed and it is not failure to need antidepressants.
Having been raised by Scots it does not come easily for me to ask for help of any sort, but wisdom shows that to accept help does not lessen a person.
Douglas+

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi elizabethm.

Being so depressed is awful. It does improve in the end. Meds often take at least 3 weeks to start having any effect so hang on in there and give them a chance. Try not to hate yourself too much for not coping - its because you are ill, not because you have failed. Hope you feel a bit better soon. Give your cpn a call if it gets realy bad.

Hugs to you.

Wendy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.