Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've noticed lately that when I'm about to have a bad time (which I have to add is nothing in comparison to some of you) that I get really dehydrated. Having been on steriods for almost 6 years and about 3 stone overweight as a result, I've started to wonder: is this a sign of the beginning of a 'mini flare' or should I maybe get tested for diabetes? I constantly pee but only throughout the night (very annoying when you don't sleep well anyway!)

I'd be interested to know your thoughts?

Thanks,
Amanda

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Amanda,

Flares seem to hit everyone a little bit and it always interests me on hat others experience with their Lupus.

I have honestly never heard of someone getting dehydrated prior to our during a flare. Are you having fevers during your flare? Have you spoken to your Rhuemy about this problem? I wouls have thought that your physician would have been drawing labs to monitor you. In those labs, it would show if your sugar was high. If you question diabetes, then definately speak to yur physician about getting tested. There are several different methods that they can do.

About the bathroom habits, how much are you drinking at night before you go to bed, and what are you drinking.

All the way around, I believe that you need to speak to your physician. If there are under lying problems then it would be best to get it under control.

Nancy

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
When I pee all night I generally have a bladder infection. you might want to get a urine test done. It doesn't have to hurt to have a bladder infection, never does with me.

hth

raglet

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi,

I'd just like to second the advice to get checked out. Sometimes when the kidneys are struggling to work they do this nocturnal diuresis thing (peeing much more overnight than during the day) because when you are lying down, they get better blood flow. It can be a serious sign, so better to get it checked than not know one way or the other.

When you flare do you get night sweats and fevers? I have dehydrated myself many times not through fluid restriction, but from excessive sweating with flares, so maybe there is a connection. Do you wake up wet with perspiration? Do you have a fever whith flares? If so, you might be loosing more fluid than noramal through your skin....

Hope you can get to the bottom of this:wink2:

X C X

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a thought... you may want to check your blood sugar at certain times to see what ranges it is running. It won't hurt. I have both lupus and diabetes. Diabetes can do a lot of damage and my blood sugars always go haywire when I am on steriods. I get chronic urine infections too because I have a neurogenic bladder condition. None of which are things to wait on.. trust me I know from experience.

Give you doc a call and hopefully they can find a solution for you :).

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Spd this is a very old thread from 2007 so you mot unlikely to get a reply to it (the member who posted the question hasn't visited the site since Sept. 2008).

I'm going to close this thread now as any discussion on this topic would be more useful if up to date :)

Katharine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.