TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would highly recommend Dr. Stuart Kassan (he's on Conejos and Colfax, right by St. Anthony's hospital). He's is wonderful and has taken care of my mom for the majority of her illness. The only reason she's not seeing him anymore, is because we couldn't bring him to Ohio with us.

He takes time with you, which means he's always running behind on appointments, but it's worth the wait to see him. He is very active in the research and education of the disease also.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
So good to know if anyone is out in Colorado.

Thanks for sharing this info about him.

Nice to know there are still a few good ones out there that are actually educated about Lupus.:wink2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is truly extraordinary. He does lectures and symposiums several times a year all of the world to teach people about Lupus. And, he's a good person. He actually cares about people - a rare breed it seems in this day and age of people in the medical profession.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Melissa,

I just made an appointment with him for January. Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate the recommendation!

Scooter

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool scooter! He is awesome. Tell him Sandy Phelps' daughter sent you. He may or may not remember her. Let me know what you think of him after you see him.

leah - it's worth the drive. (I used to live off of Cirlce - I can't remember the other cross street! LOL. My house was on Carlton)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will definitely tell him you sent me! When I made the appointment they asked me how I was referred to him and I said "Uh, someone I don't know". I am sure they thought that was strange so now I can redeem myself.

When did you move from CO?

Scooter

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About 3 years ago. I got laid off from WorldCom and couldn't find a job there, so had to go where the jobs were! But I was born and raised in CO, I miss the mountains!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the mountains too. I lived here 10 years ago, left, but couldn't stay away so now I am back. Hopefully you get a chance to come back periodically and visit friends and family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts