The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Brenda
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so irritable lately. I feel like lashing out at everyone. I hate the feeling and I hate how I'm treating those around me. I've never been through a "problem" like this and I don't personally know anyone who has. I don't know if I'm depressed... but isn't that sleeping all the time and crying all the time? That's not me. I'm irritable and moody and restless. I'd like to ask the dr if there is some sort of medication to help, but I'm not even sure how to bring it up. If any of you have had experience like this, I sure would appreciate some help.
Thanks,
Brenda

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Call the Gyn, and talk to his nurse...tell her what is happening and she can ask the dr what you should do....it may be a tweaking of the doasge.

I went through this when I went in early menopause...hubby and I never fight (23 years) but we sure did for that time util we figured out what was happening...It took sime time and patience but it all settled down.

The gyno is the only one, although you shouldnt have to go in for this.

Stephanie

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Brenda,

Yes I would go back and see about the possibility of having a Mirena Coil or something fitted. That may help your heavy periods and wont give you the systemic adverse effects that the progesterone pill is giving you. There are some other alternatives but many women seem to do well on the Mirena Coil (it contains progesterone and will slow down your heavy flow if that's the main reason you are taking prog.)

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/menstruationheavy.htm

love
Lily

·
Brenda
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm taking it because I can't quit on my own. It's actually making my flows much much heavier. I wish I could just have a hysterectomy and get it overwith.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Has your Gyn done other investigations re your constant bleeding and how long have you been like this?

I used to have problems with bleeding for months at a time and they usually did a D&C and it helped for maybe about a year. In the end I had a hysterectomy. If I had my time over I would have had an endometrial ablation though, has he discussed this with you at all?

love
Lily

·
Brenda
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, none of that. He did a vaginal ultrasound and a pelvic. Everything came back normal so he put me on the progesterone and I see him again in a year. He doesn't think I'm shedding the lining of my uterus each month.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I think you should go back and see him about this soon and explain what's going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts