TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:grhug: Oh my, don't do that!

Get along to your Doctors or hospital quick!

Sending you lots of hugs:hug:

Have you got a close friend or family member that you can call to make an appointment for you!

If you feel that bad, I would go to A & E.

Please don't feel alone, we are all here for you!

Love and hugs Lesley
PM if you want too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can empathise on how you feel but you have to try and stay positive. Have a good cry and shout to release some of the tension. I did with my daughter who thought I was mad. I was feeling really down and depressed and she was in a foul mood so I remembered what my councillor told me - shout at the top of your voice to release the tension. I told my daugter that on the count of 3 we would scream at the top of our voices. She didn't join in on the 1st attempt so I made sure she joined in on the 2nd. We both found it up lifting and sat laughing our heads off. Try it!
Just remember you are not alone- keep smiling:rotfl: :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hello Lucie,
Please don't do that.Ring G.p and tell him/her how you feel they should be able to give you better pain control and you need support,now.I don't know where you are,but if in the Uk you could ring the samaritans to offload...it may help.
Life is so short and although you may feel you are wasting it when in so much pain it does not mean it will always be like that.Don't give up.Get support from this site,rant,scream,cry but don't end it because everyone has something to live for,even if you don't feel that way at the moment,
Julsie:hug:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Lucie, I hope you got some help yesterday and had a good night's sleep. If by any chance you haven't seen a Dr. yet, please do it urgently.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I'm so glad and relieved! Take care Lucie and let us know how you get on. Remember to be really honest with her about how you were feeling earlier and the pain, only then will she be able to give the appropriate treatment!

Love and hugs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi
as u said above to consult d doc, i tried everything. In India lupus s rare n d doc hardly knows much about it..i feel like some experimental piece...moreover friends n family don really understand.its very difficult to live n manage with it...

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Depressed

Hi Lucie what a shame that you feel the way you do i do hope that you get something sorted with your doctor I think that most of us get depressed at some time but do tell your doctor the truth as to how you feel and i think the more honest you are with your gp then the quicker they get you on some meds please keep us posted on how you are as we will all be here for you with any problems that you have Best Wishes To You Elisabeth

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lucie - I totally understand. If I didn't sincerely believe that what we don't learn to handle in this life we have to re-do in the next I think that I might have done the same thing in the past. The thing is, each time I manage to get through one of those periods where I just want to end it all, I eventually wind up being glad I didn't, and if not totally enjoying life, at least finding things I enjoy doing. But I never remember that while I'm feeling so down. :(

:grhug:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Lucie

I am so glad you contacted your doctor.This is an awful painful disease for sure and i think the worse part is they do not have enough meds to help us compltely.I just keep telling myself that i am not letting this disaese to take me away from the people i love.This is the best place to come and vent and so many people that care about you so much.I feel like this is my second family for sure.Please let us know how you are doing.I hope for nothing but good things for you.

Tammy:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:sorry: feeling a bit better i to see doc but have to wait 2weeks as she's going on holiday and i can't thank you all enough thanks for being there

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Lucie,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down to that extent. As the others have said, if you feel that bad again and cannot see your doc for whatever reason then you get help from somewhere - close friends, A&E, samaritans...whatever but you DO NOT stay alone with those feelings!

Things will get better with time. I know that sometimes we feel at screaming at people that say that, but it is true. You will not only be able to get relief through better treatment but you will also learn to live and cope differently.

You need to discuss not only the depression with your doc but also treatment options to relieve pain. A lot of people here go and see specific pain management doctors. I know that pain management clinics exist too.

There really are plenty of ways to make it a whole lot better. Sometimes we need a little push and a shove to assert ourselves enough and get taken seriously - but the solutions are there and we are all here to help you with that little push and shove!

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((Lucie)))))

please try to see another doctor or as katharine suggested a&e or samaritans..2 weeks is too long to wait when you feel that low :worried:

have you received any counselling or support so far?..there is help out there like anti depressants & counselling etc...I am so glad that you have plucked up the courage to reach out for help!that can be the hardest part!

please keep us updated..we are all here for you.
:there: take care & stay strong
luv karen x

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dear Lucie,

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and am sooo concerned...! I am glad you reached out here on the site--really a place where we truly understand one another compared to many others in our daily lives.

I have been in the same place--so depressed and thinking that life isn't worth it anymore. This disease takes a toll. Please keep seeking help and know that I care. Hope you can see someone soon and please keep writing on here so we know you are ok!

HUGS

Holly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts