TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have read that DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) can help with lupus. I bought some before i was dx and it did help a little. I forgot to ask my doc about taking it with prednisone so I am going to go ahead and call the docs office to make sure it is ok to take together. I was just wondering if anyone here has even taken this for lupus and if it has helped any.

Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Tracy,

If you do a search on the site using the term DHEA and searching all forums, all dates then you will come up with a load of threads on it.

Here's one of those threads:

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64261&highlight=DHEA

(Not all the links work in that thread, so further searching will yield other discussions)

love
Lily

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lily. Being new to the forum I didnt even think about using the search. I found several good posts.

Tracy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
You're welcome Tracy :)

Hope they were helpful!

love
Lily

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was going to try DHEA a few months ago but after talking to some of my professors (I'm in medical school) I decided not too. Main deciding factor was from an endocrinologist. He said the dose of the DHEA is so physiologically small that it is of virtually no steroidal affect to you. i.e. the effects of the medicine is mostly placebo affect. Most of the studies done with DHEA have given mixed results. So it's up to you, but my research I did mostly came up with poor results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts