The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,394 Posts
Hi Cassie,

I'm glad that after all the drama surrounding a follow-up that you finally have a diagnosis! :hug:

It's a strange feeling though and one you will need to give yourself some time to adjust to, prepare to go through a roller coaster of emotions, we all do.

Now you should get the treatment you deserve (not to mention the recognition) when you are really unwell. Methotrexate is a good choice of drug for MCTD and we have a few MCTDers here on it. Combined with the Plaquenil it should help your situation a lot.

Take care and keep us posted, let's hope in the interim the Pred gives you much needed relief.

love
Lily

· Registered
3,394 Posts
Hi Cassie,

It's hard to take in the diagnosis and all this testing all at once. So I am going to give you the advice that has held me in good stead over the years and was suggested to me upon my initial diagnosis..............one day at a time :);) it's the only way to deal with this and not become overwhelmed :hug: It's a learned thing and one you will get used to over time (it takes some practice though :hehe: )

Do you have quite severe Raynauds? That may be one explanation for the vein problem. Have they tried butterfly (child) needles to draw blood - usually my veins are pretty good but if they are having trouble the butterfly needle does help.

Increased cryoglobulins can be for lots of different reasons outlined below:

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40001282/

Good luck with your further testing and don't be too alarmed, just when you think they have finished poking and prodding you they often run all sorts of things just to discount other associated problems. That is probably what all this testing is about, so I hope it all turns out ok.

love
Lily

· Registered
3,394 Posts
Hi Cassie,

:hehe: on the keyboard, hope it 'dries' out soon ;)

Digital ulcers are a hallmark of very severe Raynaud's phenomenon. Has your doctor given you anything for the ulcers? It may well prove the case that once your MCTD is under better control the ulcers will clear up, but there are things to help in the meantime.

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/5623.html

love
Lily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.