The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Laura I am 23 married and have one son I was diagnosed with Lupus back in December of 2007. I i think have lupus for a long time but didnt know i Had it but looking back on life and some things maybe i have had it forawhile. The kind of lupus they have diagnosed me with is the bloodclotting kind..does anyone know what that follows under?

They have me on Predisone and Plaqunel and are trying to get me off the predisone. I have had mouth sores,aches,pains and pretty much everything that goes with Lupus through my life.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Laura,
I am wondering if you mean that as well as Lupus you have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome / sticky blood. Does that sound like what the Doc. said?
Welcome here anyway and hope you improve soon.
x Lola

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi 'laurantex'

Pleased to meet you. Welcome to the site. I guess it means you have SLE?
Are you on an anticoagulant for the blood clotting?
I have SLE and others. I am lucky in that I only need to take a small dose of Aspirin to help prevent clotting so far.

Whilst it goes without saying I am sorry you have the condition, I am glad you have been diagnosed quite young becasue I think early intervention is best.

You get plenty of answers if you keep in touch with the site.

Take care

:love:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Sorry - I do have antiphospholipid syndrome too, but I think some people diagnosed with SLE alone have clotting problems too - not sure.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi there I feel the same way as I am sure others do about if I knew now back then it all makes sense!! Are you sure its not vasculitis(sp)? I can't remember but I thought that had something to do with the blood. I know that with the prednisone I have problems with stopping a bleed, in fact I always cut my legs shaving and would cut myself, bleed for a long time and then I would carry the cut around for weeks trying to heal, I still have cuts from over a month ago!! My husband finally bought me the expensive razors and they really help!! Sorry I went off topic!! OOOPS!! Well I wish you well and BTW love your name...lupie Laura is what I call myself!!

·
Administrator
10,200 Posts
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to find valuable information about both APS and Lupus. We are an active group and so supportive to each other. I hope you join us in the chat room.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You

My dr didnt tell me she is new at this herself being a MD so she is learning. But the blood is stickey well was and very dark and clotful i lost 6 pites of blood from my nose and they gave me it back. It was very scarey!! I thank you guys for your help and I know this will be big help! Im glad thye have found it now and at a young age for me. Thank you for ur help and I hope to chat more :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.