The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how well gastroparesis is diagnosed in the UK. Also, does a positive response to Metoclopramide confirm gastroparesis? I'm still in total limboland with neurological symptoms, quite a number of lupus symptoms, coeliac disease (that one has been diagnosed by jejunal biopsy) and have had major problems with nausea and only being able to eat very small meals because of feeling full. This last problem I have had some help from GP who put me on metoclopramide, without saying why (except that it was for nausea). I thought it was just an antinausea drug but when I look further discover that it is used for gastroparesis, and I really do feel that my stomach doesn't empty well unless I take the metoclopramide. So I guess what I am wondering is how likely is it that either the general rheumatologist or neurologist I am due to see in a few months will pick up on either my symptoms or the fact that metoclopr. eases them. I've not had much luck with the general rheumie and the lupus symptoms as none of my blood tests have been conclusive on that, and at the time I saw him (18 months ago) I didn't have too many other symptoms.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Cemc,

I don't know too much about gastroparesis but I do know that Metoclopramide can be used to treat various things including gastroparesis and migraines. My Grandad also takes it for retching due to ulcers.

I am sorry that you are still stuck in limbo and I hope you get some answers soon.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i have had this drug for helping me to empty my stomach too,and sickness too.

my mum use to have this drug too, when she had cancer, its used for thea yuk sickly feeling too.

ive had stematol and( Metoclopramide, and domperidome )both made me lactol breast milk ............grrrrrrrrrrrr

Lin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts