The Lupus Forum banner

dizzy, rush, tingling siezures??

333 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  1tiredmama 
#1 ·
i get what feels like im passing out, a sort of rush and the buzzing you would feel in your head is instead on my lips and tongue?? its like a wooosh for a second or two sort of knocks you and sometimes i get it a few times in an hour and sometimes its continuous and i cant do anything at all i say it may be different because as yet i dont have a diagnosis. My docs just shrug this off but it really freaks me out.
It has started to get worse as in the beggining it was a wierd sensation almost pleasureably just a slight tingling rush. Nowadays it knocks me for 6 each time it happens it happens many times a day and is so strong its scaring me. Anyone know what it might be? Years ago after my first child i had seizures which i was concious of doing but couldnt control. This feels like the same except there is no physical seizure as in jerking and on the floor???
It may not be related just thought id ask?

#2 ·
Hi Julia,

After your daughter was born did they put you on seizure meds? Could you point out that it is in your records for having seizures?

There are several different seizures that a person can have.

Can result from acute brain inflammation, scarring from prior vasculitis, acute strokes, or reactions to medications used to treat the disease, such as corticosteroids or high-dose antimalarials.
There are different forms of seizures - 'grand-mal' seizures are characterised by total body shaking, loss of conciousness,
, & after seizure lethargy; Temporal lobe/partial-complex seizures are characterised by perceptual distortions, odd smells, altered emotional states, staring, loss of conciousness.
Electroencephalography (EEG) can be used to diagnose, CT & MRI scans are used to rule out other causes.
Anticonvulsant medications are normally used to treat seizures.
I found it here.

http://www.uklupus.co.uk/seiz.html

Please let us know how you are doing.
:grhug:
Lyn

#3 ·
Hi Julia, I am suprised that your doc just shrugs it off. Has anyone seen you having this? Maybe you could take them with you when you go to the doc and get them to describe how you are. That might make them take more notice. Especially since you had seizures before.

Persevere with the doc and let us know how you get on.

Deb

#4 ·
the siezures i had that result in me being on the floor jerking and shaking with no control over what was happening. there was a buzzing and i was aware of what was happening so no loss of concious however it was almost twenty years ago but was told it was hormonal cos id given birth six weeks previous only thing they did was an xray on my head at the time. Ive recently found out i was under a rheumatologist from the age of ten as had a seizure and aches and pains and was put in plaster cast and lived my teenage yrs on ibuprofen???? my parents gave up and never took me back so dont know anything further about that.
The feelings i have at the moment result in me being bent double and taken deep breaths and gently shaking have had a few neighbours over the years watch me seriously jerk uncontrollably at odd times but no feeling of passing out. This feels like im going to go for a few seconds sudden rush as if you go over a traffic bump too fast the feeling inyour belly but its inyour head and its a pulse too of buzzing ha ha hard to explain imagine a strong buzzing pulse from your stomach up to your head at the same time a rush and tingling in your mouth and tongue and lips and the sensation of just about to pass out all at the same time it knocks you and is powerful enough to stop u in your tracks and imagine it happens twenty times an hour.......thats me some days are worse than others and sometimes i wont get it for weeks but this is a recent symptom within the last yr.
just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar?? or know what it was however the info given is good need to read it a few times to understand it not that its hard its just stupid brain function thing lol.

also get chronic pain in my neck and hot like flu in my neck (ha ha i sound mad) and the base of my skull and head and eye pain i know its deffinately not blood pressure as thats been checked and although they said it was on the low side deffinately not low enough to cause anything like this

#6 ·
I have been dealing with something very similar for 4 years, dx as complicated migraine (similar to a Basilar Arterial Migraine which is very different from a regular migraine) and can be set off by any number of things, lights, sound, movement, fatigue, seasonal changes, storms, etc. Been tested for seizures (nothing found) and have taken various seizure meds (none at the moment), depakote did help to some degree but prednisone helps the most, however I still have them and they get worse sometimes when I try to lower my pred.

Most docs don't know what to do with them (think I've been to 6 neurologists) basically they tell my rheumy to treat the lupus and that should help with this activity but it is difficult to make headway and I've learned to deal with it best I can. Tons of neuro sypmtoms with them.

I wish I had more to offer, resting a lot seems to help, not sure if this is what is happening with you but as soon as I started reading your post I sensed similarities. Maybe you could read more about complicated migraine (there are 5 or 6 different types and some have no headache associated with them) and see if it this fits what is happening.

Keep pursuing the doctors too, hopefully you can find one that will help.

Take care, Jen

#7 ·
Hi, Julia! I like Jenkay's advice on researching migraines. I would also suggest researching simple partial seizures. With simple partials you are fully conscious, and there is no jerking. There are several different kinds of simple partials, too, each resulting in a different set of sensations. My big question is this: Have you seen a good neurologist?

1tiredmama

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.