The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm have nightmares about filling out my DLA form. I have to send the form back by the 03/06/08

I know that you have to give examples and you should give your worst days, but when i have a bad day any type of movement is very pain full. I have given myself a target day - the form will be finished by 30/05/08

Any advice, how should I word it? Should i try explaine how, when and where the pain is?

Help pls, just a point in the right direction, any words i should use? Arrrrrrr i'm starting to pull out what little hair i have left :lol:

HELP!!!!:shrug:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Spicey,
I have just done a dla claim and although i am articulate, because i felt so ill i could not get my head propery around the form.
I phoned the bebnifits agency and a they said someone could call me at home and help me fill it out.
The lady was really nice and she did al the written stuff and then sent me the form to sign. This did help.
I would say remember that the questions in the form actually ask if you have difficulty performing certain tasks not just d you need help and it says if you had help with things how would this help with day to day life and your over all health.
There were lots of things i put on the form that i do actually manage to do because i am stubornly independant however i did have difficulty and pain while doing them.

I hope you do o.k, i'm waiting to hear still, they've asked my gp to do a report.
Oh thats the other thing they will contact your gp first to verify whats in the form so if you haven't already make sure yu tell your gp the extent of your problems and how it affects you each day and tell him/her about your application. I fyour gp doesn't know they can't verify it!

Hope this helps a bit.

Good Luck
Cassie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Spicy, yes tell them all your difficulties.You may find it means you are repeating yourself, but it is necessary.

Wishing you well, try to do a little of the form each day.
x Lola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts