The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,872 Posts
Hello Jaime
You need to present the facts in the most impactful way possible. The diary form is just for you to get the truest picture possible since we tend to forget or gloss over or be unwilling to acknowledge how bad things are. The focus has to be on the worst times and on the impossible
So go through all the points, that is,focusing on what you can't do. I think they ask about each function such as washing your hair, and you have to indicate how often you can't do whatever it is ?

Oh I have just noticed this is out of date but it might help somebody. How did you get on?

Good Luck
Clare

· Registered
2,872 Posts
Disability allowance is not awarded on the basis of the disease you have but on how it affects you, whatever it is. Leaving aside conditions like being blind or having no feet or legs or mental handicapped or illness.
As far as SLE goes, the problem is that the term lupus means very little because symptoms are so varied from person to person and it is not progressive in most cases.
You have to say what you are unable to do and I think it has to be likely to continue for at least 6 months.

Clare

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.