The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
My name is Alexandra and I am 34years old living in Arizona.
I was born and raised in Germany and moved to the US in 2001.
I have been having health problems since last summer (July). After my gallbladder was removed in November 2008 I thought all would get better, but it turned to the worse in February of this year.

Here is a list of symptoms I have been experiancing. I do not have any health insurance at this point and am trying to research as much as I can online. Please let me know if this could possibly be Lupus:

November 2008 gallbladder was removed during/after a visit to the ER.

Im Februar 2009 – severe pain in my chest. Left side. Numbness in arms, hands, fingers. Severe headaches. Pain radiating from chest to my jaw through my left arm. Trouble breathing, coughing, severe tiredness.

After that the pain started to radiate and travel through the entire body. Most Bones- cartilages are/were hurting.

Symptoms:
-Joint pain
-Pain in my bones (chest, ribs, hip, knees, ankles, toes, arms, hands, fingers, back, neck, skull (eye sockets), jaw etc.)
-Always tired
-Head aches (ca. 1-2 per week in the beginning)
-Trouble breathing (ca. 1 a week)
-Bruises, rashes,
-red broken blood vessels under the skin without hurting myself. Mostly in face (cheeks/ nose/ eyes) upper arms & chest
-Severe skin rashes after touching my sal****er equipment, tank, sal****er or jewelry.
-Fever blisters/ sores on my lips
-Open sores inside the roof of my mouth
-Stomach pains and nausea (2-3mal per week)
- nausea and random mix of dihorrhea/constipation
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Heart palpitations (sometimes can feel heart beating in chest when I sit or lay on a couch)
- Dizziness (1 time a week)
- Ringing or "buzz" in ears (1 time a week)
- Unexplained intestinal bleeding (for 1-2 days; not currently)

Arthritis and joint pain is the most common and constant symptom. This will occur in conjunction with other listed symptoms.
Some days I cannot walk, stand or sit for too long. The pain does subside with rest but does not go away.
This is really getting to me at this point. I used to be quite active and now I feel as if I am 100 years old some days. Some days are so bad that I cannot even open a can of food (use a can opener) for my children because my wrist joints hurt so much.

Arthritis Medicine und Anti Inflammatory do not help much. Ibuprofen etc.
Albuterol helps a bit with troubled breathing. Vicodin for pain. I take 1 Vicodin once or twice a week when going to the grocery store or any place that I need to walk or stand or sit longer than 20minutes.

September 28th 2009 – I had a seizure at 1am in bed. My first one. This was very scary.

Please let me know all of your thoughts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Alex

·
11,409 Posts
:welcome: Alexandra,

I am sorry you are not feeling good.

When you had heart trouble in Feb. I hope you got it checked out? One should never ignore chest pains.

Here is a list of what they look for to diagnose lupus.

http://www.uklupus.co.uk/dxlupus.html

Seizures are very scary. What did your doctor say about this when you told him about it? I hope he did further investigating on the cause of this.

Have a good look around and post questions.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Welcome to the site Alex.

Your symptoms definitely warrant further investigation. Whether it is Lupus or not only an experienced doctor can tell. Like Lyn I am most concerned about your chest pain episode and seizure. If either of those occur again you should be seen by a doctor right away.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome to the boards! :) I am sorry that you have so much going on now, and little ones to take care of on top of it all. I don't have any health advice to offer right now. I am very concerned about you, though. No health insurance is a scary thing. Do you have a plan for getting insurance, or for otherwise getting yourself to a doctor?

You need to be seen . Please try not to drive until you are under a doctor's care for the seizure.

1tiredmama

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It is a great place to find info and support. I hope you have been to the doc about your seizure, that is very important. You do have a lot of symptoms, so something is clearly wrong. Have you had any blood tests?

I hope they get to the bottom of things sonn.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

Thank you for all of your advice and kind words.
When I was still working I had insurance and they diagnosed me with Costochondritis and they did a heart stress test.
After that I have not been back to see a doctor. I did apply for health insurance on Tuesday and I am hoping to able to see a doctor by the end of this month.
We do think it might be Lupus or maybe Lyme?

LLL Sandra

1 - 6 of 6 Posts