The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering since i don't have the rash, that comes with lupus, does that mean i can't have it. I go tanning periodically and i will admit i start to feel bad if i tan too much but i never get a rash. So i'm just curious is there anyone out there that has lupus but doesn't get the rash?

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello :)

The answer to your question is no. There are varying degrees of sun sensitivity and some people appear to have no particular problem. Not all lupus patients have the malar rash and for some it is very slight. Other rashes too ca vary.

It is however not really recommended to go out in the sun if one does have lupus as the sun is can be responsible for triggering the disease itself and can cause unseen inflammation.

Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
HI I am not sensitive of the sun i have just had two week in greece and i am back with a tan.I just cant be in it for hours like i used to do but i love the sun.I know it is not good for us but it is my only pleasure that i have is my holiday Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I only started to become sensitive to the sun in the last 4 years or so. Prior to that I really never had any major issues. I just thought I developed a allergy to sunlight when I started getting rashes, even after using SPF.:eek::eek::eek:

NO, you do not have to be sensitive to the sun to have Lupus.

I think lucky is more appropriate.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.