The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been dealing with this for 4 years now. Ana of 1:1280 consistently. Sed rate of 5. Already on anti inflammatories and pain killers. Had one hip replaced a year ago, the other one is going to need it within 2 years. I am with a Reumy, but he won't committe to Lupus or Scleroderma. I have a centromere pattern.

Last week went on vacation and passed out twice. Walked 4 blocks each time and killed over. Couldn't breath, cold sweats, eyes stayed open without any movement for over 4 minutes both times.

Am I crazy?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
With an ANA of that titre, seems something autoimmune should be diagnosed (even if only UCTD can be used due to lack of specificity of symptoms to point to another diagnosis). More importantly, treatment should be commenced to try to get at the root of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms.

For the passing out bit, have you mentioned this to either your GP or your rheumy yet? To get their advice? I'm not sure if a seizure can present that way, or if there is some other cause for it but that clearly needs attention by a physician.

It may reach a point where you need to get an outside opinion - a second rheumatological opinion. It may have reached that point already.... Take care and let us know how things go!

Oh, and welcome to the site! You've found a great place here for support, understanding, and information ;)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Dani and:welcome:

No, I don't think you are crazy but I think maybe it's time for a second opinion from another rheumatologist if he is only treating you with anti-inflamms and pain killers.

Have you had a look at the criteria used to help diagnose Lupus (pinned at the top of this forum) and can you identify with any of those? If so then that along with your high ANA would be enough to get you diagnosed and start disease modifying treatment. I assume that your doc has asked you about any of those symptoms? Do you know what other tests he has run on you?

love
Lily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts