TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any MD recommendations in the DC area. I live in Vienna, and I am willing to go anywhere in Northern VA area or DC. Right now I go to Georgtown University Hospital Rheumatology but is such an all day thing going there. Plus there internal medicine division wont take new patients so I will have to go elsewhere for my regular doctor.

I would also lover a good internal medicine doctor who will work with my rheumy, that would be great. I have never had anything too serious with my lupus, luckily, mostly jpint and muscle pain,, costo chest pain, rashes, fatigue, skin lesions, and high blood pressure. I just moved from San Diego and I had such a great team of doctors--internal med, dermatologist, and my rheumy all worked together great!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Debbie,

I live 20mins from DC.

My rheumatologist is in clinton but he also practices in Greenbelt MD.
Arthritis & Pain Assoc. of P.G. County 301.345.5600. I know this may be a long way from where you are but giving them a call to see if there are rheumies near you may help.

Also I found my GP from my insurance. BCBS has a web site of doctors closest to you, and in the area. You don't have to be a member to search their websites BCBS.com.
Once you have a list of doctors in your area you can call to see if they take your insurance.

You can also give your insurance company a call (if you have one) to see what rheumies and GP's are closet to you. Virginia is rich in resources,, so i don't think you would have too much of a problem.

I hope this was helpful.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts