TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

I ended up going to the doctor yesterday for ear pain, it just came out of no where. She didn't see any signs of infection, so she told me to take Zyrtec, Sudafed and use the nasal rinse as it might be the start of a cold or fall allergies. I took Zyrtec last night and Sudafed this morning.

So, I mentioned my chest pain again and she said it is probably still the costochondritis and that it is very common and nothing to worry about. She also told me that thin people have a higher tendency of having it.

Sometimes I just feel like doctors are just so non-chalant about things. This is causing me pain and all she said was not to worry about it and it is common. I guess I just expect too much from doctors and I should lower my expectations.

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Lisa,

I hope your ear feels better quickly. There is nothing more aggravating than ear or tooth pain to me.

Any time I have had costochondritis is has taken forever to heal. Just moving wrong or lifting something sets it off. What makes me most comfortable is using heat.

Hope you feel better soon,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am sure if your doctor ever had it, she wouldn't be saying such a reply.

You are right to feel that way. I am wondering if you have allergies if that pain is maybe asthmatic?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It is said, "The secret to a happy life is having low expectations."
Personally I sometimes object to that but it does make sense, especially as regards medical doctors if one has an auto-immune disease.
I hope the pain etc abates.
All the best,
Douglas+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts