The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my own doctor yesterday and told him about my appointment with the rhumy told him that i stopped the palequine.He was not impressed with that i was in at him longer than i was at hospital and he told me to start back on the palequine and he will send a letter to him as he knows more about me than that rhumy so i trust his knowledge more than the rhumy.Any one else in the same posision will they let me know thanks Elisabeth

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Elisabeth,

I know that you were not pleased that the first Rheumy said Lupus and this latest one said you may not have it. However that didnt mean the latest one doubted you had some kind of connective tissue disease. If he did doubt it he would have taken you off Plaquenil, instead of talking about possibly increasing it.

I think your GP is right in that you should go back on it (and I bet he wasn't too pleased about you dropping it). After all it wouldnt matter which connective tissue disease you have, most people start out on Plaquenil anyway so you are on the right drug.

I hope the GP and the Rheumy can keep the lines of communication open, along with yourself, so that you can get the best possible care.

love
Lily

1 - 2 of 2 Posts