The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name is Janet I am 42 from the North East (UK). Can anyone help me with the following symptoms, do they sound like Lupus?
I hvae been feeling generally unwell for a long time
About 1 year ago I developed fatigue and tendonitis in both elbows adn both achilles tendons. I also became anaemic adn was taking iron tablets.
Over the last few months I have been getting swollen fingers and feet in the mornings and can hardly walk. The tendonitis is worsening and I have been getting pains in my joints as well (Feet, knees, hands and shoulders)
I have depression which started for no known cause and lately over the past few weeks the pains have been worsening in my hands and wrists my hair has started to come out, washing it, brushing, lots on pillow in morning I am getting increased amounts of headaches and have been getting facial flushing of my cheeks adn nose only (like a redness, no rash) which feels like it is burning at times - GP thinks this is due to hormones but I am not convinced.Then today I have woke up with a sore throat and a mouth full of ulcers!!!

Bloods taken showed a borderline calcium and anaemia.
The GP has referred me to a rheumatologist so I am waiting for an appointment.

Sorry its so long.

Thanks for reading

Janet

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Janet and welcome :)

I think your GP has done well to refer you. The problem with lupus is that it is so complex and mimics so many other diseases that it is very hard to say if that might be the problem. However your symptoms certainly merit investigation into an auto-immune disease.

Keeping a symptoms diary to show to the rheumy is a very good idea and can help tie things in. It is also a very good idea to take a picture of any rashes (or even "flushed" cheeks) that you may have and take them with you too.

Don't expect to get an answer straight away as lupus needs plenty of investigation and plenty of tests.

I'm sorry to here about your tendon problems and Achilles problems. I have the same problem and it is indeed very debilitating :(

I hope the appointment goes well, I don't suppose you know when you'll be seen?

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Katherine.
I don't have a date as yet, but I am hoping to go private and get seen asap through work. I never fully understood how pianful tendonitis can be I feel like an old woman most of the time but I think the tiredness is worse I just feel so tired I could cry!!!!

Thanks for the welcome it is a very informative site

Janet x

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Janet,
So sorry you are feeling so unwell,
You are not alone in this, there many of us that feel exactly like you do. Your Dr is very wise to send to see a Rhuemie.
Make a list of all your symptoms, take pics of your rash, write very thing down even if you think it is minor. It will help the Rhuemie no end.
I have achilles problem as well, & never put a thought to it being connected. I injured it at work 20 odd years ago, Hmmm....
And the fatigue for me is one of the worst things to put up with, & also not being able to go in the sun. Everything is bad with me at the moment.
Family DR has just put me on Arthrotec for the pain.
Good luck with your appt, & keep us posted.
Sandra....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Janet

Poor you,:sad: hope you get your rheumy appointment quick. Keep a diary of symptoms every day even if they are the same. Yes Ive had those symptoms and many more. Crazy this sle.

good luck let us know how you get on;);)

dixy

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Nero,

Welcome to the lupus site, it is nice to meet you.
If you get rashes take pictures of them to take along with your appointment with the rhuemy. I think besides my lovely butterfly rash (constant companion most of the time.) he has actually seen it. He has kept my pictures for my records.

Take care and let us know if we can be of any help to you.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts