TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been diagnosed yet i have a few symptoms that point towards lupus waiting now on my ANA test results to come back. Recently had a baby 6 weeks ago and out of nowhere bright red rash came over my face arms and chest it feels like as unburn, After wards I developed pain in all over my body and muscle spasms. My question is does benedryl help anyones rash? It helps mine go completely away. Im on a steroid pack nowand its helping keep it away also. I have terrible anxiety and im very worried i may have lupus and what it may mean for my future. Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi edaj01sirk and welcome to the site! You have found a great place to get answers and help! We have tons of really great members. We also have a great chat room, so stop on in if you can.

I personally never found that Benedryl or any other over the counter medication helped with my rashes, however that is not to say that this is true for everyone. Steroids do help somewhat, but steroid injections into the lesions helped the me most.

What kind of rash do you have? Where is it located? Are you on any other medication beside the benadryl and medrol pack? What other symptoms have you had that led your Dr to test for Lupus?

Please try not to be over anxious, as stress is never good for anyone, especially for people with Lupus. They have made many strides in the care and treatment of this disease, so why don't you relax a bit (easy to say I know) and wait for the results. Cross each bridge as you come to it!

Please let us know how you get on - Stephanie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have extreme joint pain it was in every joint in my body and now its gone to just my collar bones really. My muscles spasm constantly. My rash just looks like someone took blush and swiped it from my forehead down to my arms and it feels hot.. I dont know for sure wether or not its an allergy to something or lupus. I have however had alot of kidney infections my whole life and ive always been sick with something so it leads me to believe i do have some sort of autoimmune disorder. Only time will tell. Im just scared it will kill me at a young age. Im worried for my children. one of them will be 2 on may 9th and the other is 6 weeks... I just dont understand really how it came on so fast. I mean first a muscle twitch then a blush red rash all over and then the joint pain. Im dying and the meds arent working. They have me on the medrol pack,neurontin,vicodin,ibprofen and im on xanax and effexor for my anxiety..

It actually just so happens the day i started effexor all the symptoms started

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Hopefully once your tests are back the doctor will have a clearer picture of what is going on and be able to help you.

My first flare up was after the birth of my second child. Like you I was worried I wouldn't be able to care for my children. Thanks to great doctors and newer medications my baby is now 27. There is life after a Lupus diagnosis and most of it has been pretty wonderful.

Try not to worry the stress will deplete any energy you have.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you first flare up start??? What medications keep it under control.. I dont understand how one day i was fine and the next i couldnt even walk like i was 100

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
The first flare up started with weakness and joint pain in my right hand. Two days later it was in my left hand. The same symptoms then went to my legs. None of the other symptoms developed until later.

We all experience the disease differently so there is no one pattern the disease follows. Since there is no pattern it makes diagnosis much more difficult.

Prednisone and Plaquenil were the first drugs I used. Once my body responded to the treatment the Prednisone was stopped and only used if a flare got out of control. Plaquenil, learning to listen to my body and resting when needed kept me fairly stable for a long time. I still experienced a certain level of joint pain but it was tolerable.

I hope you find some answers for your symptoms soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts