The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that when im posting or replying to someone. my words dont come out complete. for example intead of writing top i write to, instead of writing them i write the intead of writing im i write i.

i really try to be careful but i noticed that this is all the time even when im writing on a paper.

when i review what i did i cant believe it. and i ask myself what is causing this. it must be my brain because i really try to be careful but it still happens.

·
Registered
388 Posts
hi...:sigh:...brain fog....my head works slower that.. my hand.....or:lol:....slower than my head...hmmmm yes ..i also seem to add extra letters...:eek:.....all the best...:wink2:..jane

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Lydia,

The same happens to me - definitley brain fog or perhaps early onset senility :rotfl:

Seriously, There was a stage it was so bad I was having trouble writing anything - I called it my typing dyslexia - I still get it but less as my brain is feeling less foggy lately. I have also forced myself to slow down when typing, which really irritates me but still.... and I reread everything before sending. though I still miss some bits :)

Katharine

·
Registered
72 Posts
hiya...
yep another one with the brain fog:hehe: i call it my homer head... doh :rotfl: :rotfl: ....comes and goes depending on how i am....:) either that or we all going slowly do layi........

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys are so funny, Katharine i will do the same from now on review what im writing. like i just did.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi sushi :)

yes I also have this problem too :eek: like katharine I have to check everything before I send & also still miss bits.

I'm the same with text messages too,I use the predictive format & it's hilarious sometimes when I read back a text only to find I have inserted the wrong words!

as you said sushi it's quite shocking sometimes when you're just happily typing/writing away only to find you have wrote nonsense :)
I'm just glad I'm not the only one :hehe: sorry!

take care..karen x

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats ok Karen im glad im not the only one myself:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
521 Posts
we need a normal person to come in and tell us if it happens to them! :)

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Will I do Sadie? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Love
Joan

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've noticed a lot of us do it.
Teh instead of the etcetera ( I had to spell that twice:lol: )
Lupie spelling.......I think at least we understand each other:)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
LOL Joan :lol:

I sent an email to someone today and in my head it said 'Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries'.

What I wrote was 'Please do not contact me if you have any further queries'.

Spot the difference? Thank goodness it was an internal email and not outwith the company!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, the fun thing to do is to start reading ,vey carefully, everyone elses posts, and then, well talk about typing mistakes,whoooooo!!!
We all do it , so you are in good company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - this happens to me also. Not only with typing but mostly with just talking. Trying to get a sentence out sometimes. I feel so dumb sometimes when the wrong word comes out. 've been told the same as evryone says. Brain-fog. Also, Lupie. Seems like alot of uf with Lupus are Lupie!!!!!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also find it very hard to express my self lately, very very frustrating:ermm:

is this a lupie thing too?:? :umm:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm sorry I don't qualify as "normal" whatever that is....:rotfl: !

I have never been a touch typist but have used the PC a LOT over the last 20 years. Apart from having a perpetual brain fog I find that my fingers don't do what they are told, either stiff and swollen or I have spasms. It has slowed me down and I have to check everything which is a bit of a bummer when I have a report to write. When they all combine against me I wish I could crawl back into bed :hehe: .

If anyone watches me at work I just say "dyslexic fingers again".

Does anyone get worse when they are hot? I was having trouble at work today because the office was so hot. Tonight I'm doing quite well because our lounge is relatively cool. (Log fire went out a while ago.) My eyesight is worse when I am hot, too, and that can have an effect on my typing.

I don't do so much handwriting as I can't hold a pen very well now. As I have to concentrate more with a pen I don't have so many mistakes - just can't read what I've written anyway:blush: .

Well, bed awaits and I've got a hot day tomorrow at the office with lots of numbers: that's a different story.......

Love Judi xxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I dont think i am "normal" but dont have dx, I have Raynauds, so they are checking my for other things since my positive ANA, but for the record...I definately have this same problem. And it is really bad cuz I have to use a computer at work to type care plans, and other things. ugh...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts