The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 15 year old girl, and i've had lupus since i was 12. It all started when i took the medication concerta for ADD i was doing great on it but then about 2 years into taking it I started to get violent anxiety attacks and depression. My parents switched me to Aderal. that worked great but one of the symptoms was loss of creativity and loss of apetite. both are the opposite of me but i stayed on because it was improving my focus and my grades were all in the high 90's. Around the winter my hands started turning blue and purple along with my feet. I went to the doctors but they told me it was nothing and to ignore it. well the following year a lot of things started to happen. i threw up 7 to 8 times everyday, had migranes everyday for 2 years and, started to get sick out in the sun. I would sleep fpr 2 hours even if i went out in the sun to get the mail. Later my mom started coming down with the same symptoms. we started going to a rhumetologist and were both diagnosed with vasculitis, lupus, and RA.

I started taking Plaquenil but that woresnd my symptoms. we started going to a natrual doctor along with our Rhumetologist. she put us on a wheat and dairy free diet. i hated it at first. i love food and so i didnt want to do it. i have to say im doing amazing and i have been in remission for 5 months now. it sounds crazy to say that this was all simply done by diet change but its true. i cut out wheat and instead had spelt bread which didnt taste anydifferent and instead of milk i drink organic rice or almond milk. there are so many substitutes for milk and wheat now its great. there are cookies, rice dream icecream, and other things like pizzas and chicken fingers. instead of cheese i eat goat and sheep chesse i actually prefer some of the organic foods to the stuff i normally ate. im also on supplements, and i drink a probiotic bacteria (ive stopped throwing up) and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. honestly im doing great. somtimes i cheat but you shouldnt all the time. PLEASE try an all natural diet. Wheat and dairy are being cut out of peoples diets and theyre illnesses are improving not only for lupus but for others such as autism and cancer. give it a try, people think im crazy but i know how i feel and what a differece it made in me. when i get an occasinal joint pain i take an aleeve. just try it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.