TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

very sore at moment, had that steroid injection thursday (does anyone know is it slow acting ?, how long it lasts ? or how soon it starts to take effect ?
I did not even get time to ask the Rheumy at thursday hosp appointment !

I should be excited for tonite - on a "hen night", the wedding next saturday
ON MY BIRTHDAY TOO ! 23rd May. Told MIL im very sore, but will go tonite, but it will be very tiring and sitting about, standing up, feeling restless ! - you know where Im coming from.!! I know it will do me good to go out (especially now 7th week off work on sick) but these days Im not really the same "get up and go DI" - I am a trained dancer/singer, look where I am now - incapacitated with Lupus etc etc.

We going to the mother of brides house for makeup demonstration, then onto a spanish tapas restaurant LOL. There you go !! 4.30pm today onwards (YIKES)...........
Its a family wedding (my husbands nephew) next weekend we at the whole do in cheshire (very posh part) and we also staying in the Hotel where the wedding ceremony is/meal/evening do ! Looks a fantastic place (when I searched it on the net).

Dragging myself off for a LONG SOAK in the bath, and slowly try and get my
"act together" in slow motion.

Not the person I was, and we all seem to have no interest in stuff alot of the time, but weeks ago made myself go the whole hog ! and bought an expensive outfit, but have put loads weight on (but I have wholeheartedly TRIED to make an effort, but its damn difficult).

Thanks for your ongoing support, I will post tomorrow (sunday).

PS.............. Have looked at that benefitsnow. website, think that info should help me filling in the DLA form, and gonna ring Dialuk (think theres a place in greater manchester) who can hopefully help me with it, maybe I can make an appointment and go down and see an advisor.

Thanks for care, and guidance and being here for me.

hugs and love Diane xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:) Happy Birthday!

Maybe you will get a better response to the steroid injection q on the medications section maybe see other posts on the topic.
I hope you have a wonderful time ! It is so good to see you in a happier frame of mind. My heart goes out to you for your losses.

There are several threads about filling in DLA applications on that section of the forum. It is often emotionally very difficult because you have to face up to the problems you are having where as most of the time the only way to survive is not admitting them or dealing with them as best as possible brushing them off

Many Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there :)

I think the response to steroid injections depends on what "type" of steroid it is. I just had one on Thursday AM and it had "quick" and "slow" release in it. The doc said that it will act "immediately" and stay active for about 2 to 3 weeks. It was 10mg+4mg which is the equivalent of 116mg prednisolone.

Immediately meant that by night time I had a lot less pain but also didn't sleep at all that night. Thankfully I managed to stay awake yesterday and slept 11 hours last night. My pain levels have gone down a lot - I didn't realise how bad it had been...

I hope your evening went OK and that you had fund despite the thought of going out being a bit daunting.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Diane,

Go out and have a good time and a very Happy Birthday!

Sometimes its worth the extra tiredness and pain afterwards just to go out and have a giggle....in my opinion anyway!

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Diane,

It sounds like you have a fun night planned. A makeup demonstration and eating out will be a great diversion for you. We all need those once in awhile.

Enjoy the wedding. How nice of them to throw a huge party in a posh hotel for your birthday. Happy Birthday!

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts