The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally arranged to meet a new doctor..Monday is the big day. I never thought I was going to have to change doctors, so I'm dreading it like the plague LOL

Ive even begun to dream about it..so silly I know. Last night, I dreamed that the new doctor told me that he wasnt going to allow me to take meds anymore, he was prescribing chicken soup twice a day, and that the lupus would go away...:lol:

I saw so many quacks in the beginning, that I guess it has embedded itself in my brain! LOL

Take care all,
Sharon

·
11,410 Posts
(((Sharon)))

I think we all dread the first visit with a new doctor. I know I did when I switched rhumeys last year. Once you get to know each other the easier the visits will be.

I love your dream.:lol: :wink2:

I will be thinking of you on Monday. Please let us know how you got along with your new rhumey.
:flowery:
Lyn

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Dear Sharon

I am so sorry you have to go through changing doctors(((hugs)).I sure hope everything goes real good for you on monday.I will be thinking about you and hoping he is a great doctor and very caring to.

Oh my gosh i got a wonderful laugh out of your dream.Dont we just all wish we could just eat soup and everything would go away.I have those kind of dreams like yours an awful lot and make no sense at all either.Try not to worry to much and im sure it will be okay but just remember if you have to you can change doctors again.(((hugs)))).Please let us know how it all goes please.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
LOL! Don't you love those wild dreams. Thursday night I had a Paxil deprived dream and dreamt I fell down a mountain side, landed in the middle of a marble floor and died. I was standing, looking around when I realized my body was lying on the floor in front of me - pretty weird!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
All the best for you on Monday - hoping you've found a great doctor! Only
one more night of not knowing at least ;)

I had similar thoughts/feelings/dreams as you when I switched rheumy's this fall. In my case it has turned out well so far. I can't remember my dream anymore, but it was a bit more nightmarish.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I hope all goes very well ((((Sharon))))) It is certainly always nerve racking seeing a new doctor even in normal circumstances I wonder if you are planning to take the lead in mentioning why you need a new one at this stage. Maybe he won't ask of course.

Good Luck !

:)

Clare

·
Registered
580 Posts
your dream put a smile on my face. i want to wish you well with your new doctor.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sharon,

I hope you have great experience with your first Dr. visit. I liked your dream too. I don't remember my dreams anymore. I don't know why..anyway, kinda miss the nice ones..

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hurray!

Hi everyone and thanks for all the good wishes!

My husband and I really liked the new doctor. He was exactly on time, is only 20 minuites away, has a parking lot and takes insurance!

Wahoo!! ...I feel like I hit the lottery! lol:lol:

In all seriousness though, he was very thorough and kind and spent a bit of time with us. Interestingly, his wife also has lupus. We both felt very comfortable with him.

My former doctors name was on the blood results I brought along, and yes he did ask why I am seeking a new doctor. I did not want to badmouth my former doc, it is just not my way... so I merely stated that the practice has become too big and busy for quality patient care and I needed an office that would be a little more hands on with me.

After that, he mentioned he does know the doctor and referred to him as "brilliant" & I did agree with him, I still think he is an excellent doctor.

All that being said, I'll follow up in 6 weeks and see how everything goes! No chicken soup, but I didnt get the arrogant stinkeye either LOL

Now as far as dreams go..here's another..last night I dreamt that Donald Trump hired me as his science teacher. It must be all these preggie hormones making me have funny dreams! :hehe:

Have a great day!
Sharon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts