The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had it where, while awake, you closed your eyes and pictures started flashing around? Like you were dreaming? A friend of mine said maybe I had fallen asleep for a moment, but I find it hard to believe as I think I would fall over or something if that were true. On the other hand, I'm extremely tired.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

I can honestly say yes I have , I fall asleep for a minute....And then wake up... There are times where I have to sit uncomfortably so I dont take a cat nap...but I know what you mean, you think you are awake but you aren't...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was crazy

After fixing the kids breakfast, doing some laundry and mopping the floors, I was so exhausted I sat down for a minute and did not realize I was having flash backs while I was awake. I was dreaming I was dong everything over again. It was weird and made me feel crazy.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
It can happen when very tired. Try Googling "pre sleep dreaming" and see if you come up with anything.
Is there any reason why you are extra tired right now? Anything you could change?
x Lola

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yes, like with all the others who have answered. It happens when I'm so tired that I'm dying inside. And I don't realize I'm asleep until I've moved a bit, which startles me awake. This is not something to take lightly. I've missed doses of meds because I dreamed taking something that I didn't. I've also taken an extra dose. Dreaming I hadn't taken it yet. I had to stop taking ambien entirely. It was scary and since I stopped taking ambien it hasn't happened again.

Sunny

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, what ever it was; it has quit. And since I've left my job to go on disability, I don't think I will be getting that tired again. :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I call it having a micro-nap!

I am often aware of dreaming whilst cat-napping, but can still hear bits of what is going on elsewhere in the house! I have even fallen asleeep at the table at college and woken up as I started to over balance on my chair - I could just about detect the classroom sounds as if under water, but I was definitely starting to dream!

It did happen, by the way, when i was extremely tired.

Hope you don't get that tired any more - very bad for us all I think!

Take care.

I thought everybody did it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have really weird napping where I look like I am asleep to anyone watching, but I can hear what is going on - just can't move and can't open my eyes or respond - its almost like what I imagine its like being in a coma briefly. I'm not diagnosed at the moment with anything though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts