The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had it where, while awake, you closed your eyes and pictures started flashing around? Like you were dreaming? A friend of mine said maybe I had fallen asleep for a moment, but I find it hard to believe as I think I would fall over or something if that were true. On the other hand, I'm extremely tired.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

I can honestly say yes I have , I fall asleep for a minute....And then wake up... There are times where I have to sit uncomfortably so I dont take a cat nap...but I know what you mean, you think you are awake but you aren't...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was crazy

After fixing the kids breakfast, doing some laundry and mopping the floors, I was so exhausted I sat down for a minute and did not realize I was having flash backs while I was awake. I was dreaming I was dong everything over again. It was weird and made me feel crazy.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yes, like with all the others who have answered. It happens when I'm so tired that I'm dying inside. And I don't realize I'm asleep until I've moved a bit, which startles me awake. This is not something to take lightly. I've missed doses of meds because I dreamed taking something that I didn't. I've also taken an extra dose. Dreaming I hadn't taken it yet. I had to stop taking ambien entirely. It was scary and since I stopped taking ambien it hasn't happened again.

Sunny

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, what ever it was; it has quit. And since I've left my job to go on disability, I don't think I will be getting that tired again. :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I call it having a micro-nap!

I am often aware of dreaming whilst cat-napping, but can still hear bits of what is going on elsewhere in the house! I have even fallen asleeep at the table at college and woken up as I started to over balance on my chair - I could just about detect the classroom sounds as if under water, but I was definitely starting to dream!

It did happen, by the way, when i was extremely tired.

Hope you don't get that tired any more - very bad for us all I think!

Take care.

I thought everybody did it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have really weird napping where I look like I am asleep to anyone watching, but I can hear what is going on - just can't move and can't open my eyes or respond - its almost like what I imagine its like being in a coma briefly. I'm not diagnosed at the moment with anything though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.