The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure why I'm posting, but I do need to talk this out. Two really bad pain days resolved into a massive dizzy spell and bad confusion. It started yesterday and just got worse. Today I've been fighting the feeling that I need to hold on when I'm sitting in a chair. I drift to the side when I walk. I have a low grade fever off and on (very typical for me) and my pain levels are still pretty high. Confusion is the worst. I'm really unable to do anything. I can't read beyond a few sentences. I can't quilt. I can't carry on much of a conversation -- pain is adding to that. I can't even sleep. As soon as I lie down I feel like I'm sliding off the bed. And in my sleep I dream of sliding back and forth and trying to keep my balance on unlevel ground.

Really no point in this post. I just wanted to complain, LOL. I'm trying not to bother anybody. They've heard it before and just get frustrated taht they can't do anything and I don't get better when they get me drinks of water or make me lie on the sofa.

Sunny

·
11,409 Posts
Oh Sunny,

I just wanted to send you some nice big, soft, warm hugs your way.:hug::hug::hug:

I don't have words of advice, but you are in my prayers. I hope you get some relief soon.
:love:
Lyn

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Sunny it sounds like it could be an attack of vertigo? I would get it checked out because my Dad had it and when he had attacks he literally couldnt stand up because of the fear he would fall. The good news for him is that it didnt happen too often and he was put on medication which eased the symptoms when they started. My niece has it as well but much more severe and she is on a preventative medication.

I hope it eases off soon but of course in the meantime you should be very careful when moving around.

Lots of love and hope you get better soon
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I hope it passes for you soon. I have times where I have found myself drifting off to the right while pushing my daughter in her stroller. Seems to happen when I'm definitely flaring more, but not always. Interesting to hear there is another "drifter" out there!

If it's spinning dizziness that you have, that does sound like vertigo. My dad has had that a few times with no cause/help found for him too! I know of someone else who had that caused by little "stones" in her inner ear. She had PT for a year and her symptoms are virtually nil now a few years later. She was very impressed with the change after years of off & on symptoms that can really get quite severe!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

·
Registered
705 Posts
(((((Sunny))))) So sorry you're having so much trouble. My first symptom of lupus came with room-spinning vertigo, which resulted in brain surgery to remove the lesion, which left me with brain damage. I'm telling you this so you'll know that I know absolutely what you mean!

Be sure to tell your doc, because I use a combination of valium for those "off" days when I feel like I'm slipping, and meclazine (sp) for those "spinning" vertigo attacks. The valium is very low dose, but it certainly helps.

Whatever you do, I sure hope you feel better soon. :getwell: It's truly rough to feel like you are slipping. :hug: Also, with the other symptoms, it sounds like flare time for you. Do stay in touch with your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon. Love, hugs and chocolate drops coming your way! :love2: :hug: :kiss:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I agree it does sound like vertigo....and you should get checked out.

I hope that you are feeling a little better today.

Sending you get well wishes.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
im having bad attacks right now with dizziness, had to ring my gp yesterday, thank the lord he rang me back, .he's thinking the same as me as soon as i try to come under 8mg pred it starts, my head doesnt like it, i walk iton walls all sorts like im drunk......... gave me pills and got go see him next week. but got neuro 18th too so fingers crossed.

my head isnt spinning though,hope you get sorted, its horrid isnt it
chin up , we all with you hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lin, It is horrid. I hope you get relief really soon. My head doesn't spin. I have the feeling of sliding to the left (mostly to the left) whenever I'm moving. And when I'm still, it's a sensation of motion -- drifting, sort of like trying to sit on a trick chair that's moving.

I am better. I woke up this morning with a full-blown migraine. The moment I opened my eyes there it was. I hit the bathroom and as soon as I could stop .... you know, I used one of my Imitrex nasal spray units. When the migraine went, so did the drifting and sliding. All gone. All better.

I have no idea if they're connected or not, but life is better. And I have tried meclazine (sp?) with bad results. I just sleep. It doesn't make the head stuff any better. I think it's not true vertigo.

Anyhow, thanks so much for the support and good thoughts. I am better and that's worth cheering

Lin, keep me posted. I hope you get some relief soon.

Sunny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts