The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I haven,t been on here for a few months, I was dx with
cfs and fibromyalgia, and bloods still borderline lupus.
I still do not understand any of this and have tried various
methods to.
I have brain fog a lot so if some of this does not make sense you
no why. I get very confussed and dissorintated sorry spelling bad.
I have asked the docter why I have this and they say it is bad luck
I keep getting my bloods checked as they say they could change
anytime. Anyway must go I cannot think anymore.

lynne

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi Lynne,

I am sorry that you are still having a rough go of it yet.:hug:

Could you get a second opinion? That way you can find out if there is something else you could be doing.

I have asked the docter why I have this and they say it is bad luck
Your doctor's reply makes me mad.:mad: He needs to be looking further into your problem

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
(((((Lynn)))))

Sorry that your still having some horrible cognitive issues. I agree with Keebler, your doctor is less then desirable and I think it would behoove you to find another doctor. His attitude of bad luck...............APPALLING!!!!!:mad::mad:

I hope things improve for you and maybe you should think about seeing a Neurologist also. Sending hugs your way.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Lynn, are you being treated for your fibro? You could be treated for your borderline lupus as well. I think your doc saying it is 'bad luck' is awful. Does your rheumy have a treatment plan?

Deb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No rheumy said he didn,t need to see me anymore and gave me
anti depressants and pain killers for the fibro. The lupus is borderline
so I do not get any help for that. I still attend the skin clinic for my
rash on my face. They want me to go for more patch testing, I find
this very hard, as the last I was exhausted after the week. Going in
and out to the town.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Lynn,

I wonder what the actual results of your testing done at the rheumies were? Is it possible for you to get copies of those, that's where I'd start?

It's also a good idea to ask your Dermy what they are thinking your rashes are from and what sort of testing they are doing on them. Even in cases of ANA negative Lupus sometimes a skin biopsy will show positive for Lupus. There are also other blood tests to help confirm Lupus besides the ANA and I wonder if these were done?

It certainly seems this isn't going away for you, perhaps worsening and I think it's important to do some of your own homework to see what sort of results you did get. This borderline lupus term is pretty vague...........I'd want to know what they are basing it on. It's quite possible another Rheumy might see things differently and start you on treatment.

Love
Lily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.