The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very curious if anyone has had any ear pain while being on plaquenil( the generic to be exact at 200 mg once a day). The pain feels like a pressure and on a few occasions
my hearing in my right ear went mute for a few seconds. I do notice a headache sometimes triggers the pain but I also know I've never experienced this before until i started the medicine. Any responses would be helpful and I hope everyone is well because i know the Lupus will give us a break at times. Currently mine is and I hope for a LONG time!!!f

·
Registered
468 Posts
ear pain

I am on Plaqenil 200 mg 2x a day and have had ear pain lately along with a headache, although I cannot be sure if it is allergies, medication, or a toothache I have right now. My lupus is in full swing at the moment so who knows what is connected to what. I get pretty confused about all that,:eek: Karly

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I experience a similar thing as you (although have not ever lost my hearinn entirely). I hadn't experienced it until I had been on Plaquenil for a number of years but I very much doubt it is due to the drug in my case.

Interestingly my GP is sending me for a hearing test soon - not sure why. I should have asked at the time why but I was just feeling SOOO AWFUL I just wanted to go home and lay down again.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
DDR,

Please call your doctor and let him know what you are experiencing. I know that some people have issues with the lactic acid that is in Plaquenil. Do you have milk allergies? I know that my son's milk allergies as a child resulted in Ear Aches and even today when he has an allergy attack or gets a cold we don't allow him to drink milk. I don't remember when this subject on the Lactic Acid came up but I think it was last summer the last time it came up. Try searching this forum for allergies and Plaquenil.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my thread so far. I will have to get in touch with my doctor sooner than i thought but really I have no choice at this point. And to Rageddyann1, I will look into allergies associated with plaquenil and see if it sounds like what's going on with me but as far as i know, I'm not allergic to milk. Again thanks to everyone!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts