The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am just curious to see if any of you suffer from chronic earaches? I get my ears checked and they are fine, but still seem to get at least one a week. I use homeopathic drops to help soothe it. I tell you if it is not one thing it seems to be another:lol:

Thanks ahead for your replies!!!!

Love,
Becca

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Becca,
since my symptoms have been flaring badly i have had terrible sore pain in my left ear. No infection either its strange. Sometimes aswell during the night or early morning beofre i get out of bed, if i swallow i get a stange sensation in my ear an it really hurts.
This pain does feel like an infection pain very sore but does not progress into the excrutiating pain that happens with an infection.

Hhmmm.

Very Strange.

Take Care

Cassie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hiya, I often get earache and a sore throat. I get it checked and they tell me its a bit pinker than normal and probably just a virus. HTH's.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Becca,

I often get one ear that is especially sore at night then during day okay - sometimes when I press the ear it also sounds squishy!

I've been told its probably just Lupus inflammation causing the pain 'in my case'!

Take care
Lesley

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Becca, :flower2:

OUCH! Earache is soooo painful. I used to get them constantly along with sinus infections. I have narrow tubes between my ear, nose and throat which was deemed the cause.

Getting them at least once a week is most certainly not normal. Do you suffer from excess catarrh? Are your glands swollen when the ear is sore?

When mine were bad I found lying on a warm hot water bottle eased the discomfort.

Hugz my friend, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Becca,

My ear and jaw aches (left side only) turned out to be because of the Parotid gland (I have Sjogrens). It wasn't until it actually swelled noticeably that we worked out what it was. It's not like a 'normal' piercing pain type earache, but still very 'achy'.

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies-I truly appreciate it.

I do also have a chronic sore throat that I have just written off to being "dry".
I was tested for Sjogren's and my results were negative. I truly don't get it because I am so "dry" everywhere, it seems anyway.

Well I have an appt with my pcp tomorrow and will ask nim about my ears.
I have a list as long as my arm, of questions-it will be fun:lol:
This is our first meeting my other pcp left the practice, so we shall see.

HUgs,
Becca

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Becca,

If it was an antibody test they were relying on for a Sjogren's diagnosis then not everyone tests positive to the anti-Ro or anti-La. I was diagnosed on pretty obvious clinical symptoms.

Good luck with your new PCP.

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lily,
It was a antibody test that my rheumy did.
I treat my dry eyes with an otc ointment and drops.
I use ky jelly for vaginal dryness and have not found the cure to my dry mouth except lots of fluids and occasional hard candy:)
My scalp and skin are bad too and that is not my norm.
I think my rheumy is basing a dx on test results and that is his normal way of practicing I do believe. Thank you for your response-I am grateful.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Marika
349 Posts
Hi,
just to let you know I also get terrible ear aches, but I feel that I can't hear properly too. I was sent for a cat scan , but it came back 'normal' although they did find a cyst on my brain that they said is nothing to worry about!!!!!!

Anyway i am 'relieved' to see that others get these ear aches too, just wish I could offer more than sympathy.

:):):):)
Marika

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
i dontknow if its the same thing but i too get pain in my ears! Its like a lightning bolt at times but comes and goes very quickly. i also get this pain across the side of my head and can feel like a razor blade has been swished across it but again its gone as quick as it comes!:eek:

We sure do get some strange symptoms!:p
Hope you find out the reason for your pain

Netty devon ukxxxxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Becca,

Yes, I get ear aches, often. I also, get chronic ear infections. I know, how miserable they can make you feel. I hope you feel better soon...

Love,
Sandy

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Becca,:hug:

I don't get earaches to often. When I do get them they can stop you right in your tracks.

My jaw hurts a lot and it seems to travel up to the ear too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:grhug:Thank you for your replies. I do appreciate each and every one of you.
I know you know what it is like to go through these wierd times(I chalk it up as just that-wierd)
I will keep using my homeopathic drops because there is not an infection.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I get ear aches sometimes, but I haven't had an ear infection for 25 years ! It's literally an ache, whereas an infection is straight out pain.

No clues why I get it - sometimes I think it is referred pain from my problematic sinuses (I have aplastic sinuses which didn't form properly so they get infected easily).

Fortunately with me it tends to pass by within a couple of days .....

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
117 Posts
I get dead ear and TMJ

I don't really get ear aches, but get more like one side of my ear is numb. Feels like I have a dead ear drum. But I do get horrible pain in my jaw which is TMJ and that hurts! Hope you ear starts feeling better soon. With lupus, I have seen some really strange things go down! ;)

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Becca

For some reason I sort of missed this post on the first go round (maybe cos it was on my birthday :lol:).

I just wanted to say that for several years prior to diagnosis I suffered from chronic ear pain (left side) on an almost nightly basis. The pain was so severe that I couldnt lift my head from the pillow without sliding my hand under the side of my head and support it before I dared move. Even then it was excrutiating! :worried: The pain always eased off over the course of the day and would come back again as soon as I lay down. It woke me up every night and sometimes it was so bad that I cried with it.

Since starting treatment I notice that the pain has receded almost totally. I sometimes get that ear pain but its not anywhere near as frequent or as intense as it was.

I never mentioned it to anyone because I was getting so many other symptoms that seemed more serious, etc and you know the story - you begin to feel like a hypochondriac...

I have no idea what was causing the pain but it is more than coincidental that it has virtually disappeared since beginning treatment for Lupus.

I have determined that if that pain comes back again and is that chronic I will go about it and see if there is any obvious cause. For now I'm just glad its gone. Im sorry you have these chronic ear aches. They are very debilitating :hugbetter:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts