TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It's no biggie but I just wondered how many of you have this. I thought they were petichae but they are a bit bigger, my GP thinks they are a vasculitis type thing all over my hands and legs right now.

love
Lily

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Lily,

I have what you describe quite often. I almost always have lots of petchiae on my chest (breasts, and stomache) but occasionally several larger areas on my hands, arms, and legs. It is due to my Vasculitis and responds very well to higher dosis of Cortisone. But mainly it doesn't cause me any big problems (ocassionally in the healing phase it itches a little). Mostly they are harmless.

Grüß,
Monique

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lily,

I only have experience with Petechia. I have them on my thighs, stomach, and abdomen area..They are getting larger over time, however.

How is the Dr. going to proceed to treat your vasculitis rash? (Can't remember the name..sorry).

I hope it clears up for you quickly.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the moment the plan is no plan :) from my GP anyway. They aren't too bad and they aren't worrying me, it just means my disease is a bit more active I guess. I won't be going the Pred route for Ecchymosis, the side effects (Psychosis) for me far outweigh the symptom ;) !

Thanks for your comments :)

love
Lily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts