The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive managed to get to my test results even though my doctor isnt back in until Monday to review them. The receptionist said one was elevated which looking at it i think is the APTT ratio at 35.1?

Can anyone help with this?? Im confused! Glad i went back to the doc to have the tests done though....

Thanks Kiara

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Kiara

An elevated aPPT could indicate the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies. I think it is an excellent idea to know what tests are being done make a note of them and then when you get the results note that down too. But I think it is a bad idea to get the results before seeing the doctor. All test results have to be interpreted along with symptoms and other test results and patient health history. So we can't say what it means.

Often this test would need to be repeated to see if the time was still prolonged as levels can vary from time to time. The anticardiolipin needs doing too but I don't know if a GP would do these tests.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thanks Clare - i understand, i just want to be clued up before i speak to my doctor so i can ask all the right questions!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like we are still waiting for the lupus anticoagulant screen test to come in - does it normally take a long time - labtests doesn't say how long normally?

Ive figured out now that the test result i posted is an elevated clotting screen/factors which i didnt understand before - although my doctor said my tests were normal - the surgery always calls this result elevated and indeed it does look to be so on the document i have.

I wondered if this test is in any way related to the anticoagulent screen and thats why the doctor has not drawn any conclusions yet - she did say once the anticoagulant results come in she might have more information to send to the Rheumatologist...... I thought from labtests they could be related but its hard to be sure - any wisdom to offer anyone? Thanks as always - Kiara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts