The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I wanted to ask some advice as am feeling really low and fed up. I saw my dermatologist yesterday (I was diagnoised with lupus discoid in Aug 07). I have been taking 10mg of predisolone and 50mg of imuran since Christmas and they are not working. I am having constant flare ups particularly when I have my period. This month was really bad it looked as if my skin on my scalp/face and chest had been badly burnt. My dermy is unable to up the dose of the imuran as my TPMT level is low and has also said I have been on steroids too long as am getting alot of side effects.

The next step he has suggested is to go and see an endocrinologist as the lupus seems to be so hormonal. I have had blood tests done and my hormone levels have come back OK. I am currently reducing the predisolone as he wants me to come off them before I go and see the endocrinologist. I was just wondering if anyone has been referred to an endocrinologist and what was the outcome. I am not on the pill as my mum and sister both died from breast cancer and I have to have regular mammograms.

Help!

Many thanks, love Maria :sad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cath,

Many thanks for your reply. Fortnately I only have one lesion on my finger which is increases in size and then goes down again. My main sysmptoms are burning skin, particularly my scalp, loads of hair loss and generally itchy skin all over.

I have to pay for my healthcare if I want to go private. I did pay for it for a while but the bill was massive in the end and I asked to be referred to the NHS.

I have to wait 6 weeks before I go back to the hospital so will keep you posted what is said then.

Take care, love Maria x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.